. .

Thread: Emco PC120 Turn

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Week Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    It's definitely a sensor of some kind, as it just connected via bog standard T-piece.
    It could be the pump is designed to only run for a set period, after a set pressure has been reached, then switch off. If it's a continual pressure pump, then I suspect it's not meant to run continuously on such a small machine.
    I'd guess just a pretty standard insert parting tool would work (small tip type, not big flat blade type), with the holder cut shorter if needed.
    Thanks. The problem is to tighten into the slot you need to get behind the tool. Ive done some CAD drawings of the setup. Just rendering them quick, not sure if it will show the issue.

I made a bracket but out of alu which bent. Might try one from steel instead. The issue is the Glanze tool I have has a max of 25mm, so not ideal. The blade type would be better.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Week Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Ive drawn the blade holder in glass to see through it. It can be shortened, as it will hit the rear of the turret (centre).

The issue is how to tighten the 'spacers' that are use to squeeze the 12mm tight against the turret (vertically)?

The question is how to get to the nuts to tighten up.

I could drill the holes at 30 degree and use the drill bit holder 'holes'. A bit risky and need a sine vice for that. Alternately perhaps cut slots to allow me to get to the size 8 spanner to tighten up.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    What diameter would you like to part?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

What diameter would you like to part?
    Well, more than 25 if possible. There will be a limit, need to measure the max. With blades this can be adjusted.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    GTN style insert up to 32mm diameter - https://www.shop-apt.co.uk/part-off-...2mm-shank.html

WDN style insert up to 26mm diameter - https://www.shop-apt.co.uk/external-...max-depth.html
    (APT do do a 32mm version, but they're showing as out of stock)

I personally use the WDN style, as I couldn't find a reasonably priced 12x12 shank holder for GTN types when I was originally buying holders.

GTN style insert up to 32mm diameter - https://www.shop-apt.co.uk/part-off-...2mm-shank.html

WDN style insert up to 26mm diameter - https://www.shop-apt.co.uk/external-...max-depth.html
    (APT do do a 32mm version, but they're showing as out of stock)

I personally use the WDN style, as I couldn't find a reasonably priced 12x12 shank holder for GTN types when I was originally buying holders.
    Thanks. This one will be better. What I do need to find out from APT is the size of the 'head'. If its too long, then even cutting some of the rear off doesnt help as the head will protrude. This is the issue I have with the Glanze unit that I have.

If I remember, I'll get some rough measurements for you when I'm in the workshop later, as I've got a couple different ones.

If I remember, I'll get some rough measurements for you when I'm in the workshop later, as I've got a couple different ones.
    Thanks. Appreciated. Ive emailed APT support, ive used them in the past and they are really good but finding a parting solution for this otherwise excellent little CNC lathe.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information