. .

Thread: Emco PC120 Turn

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    OK, found it.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...32479545,d.bGs

It's basically the same one in the link. Yay, at least now I can see some wiring options.
    The easy way is to use one of these relay modules triggered by a spare output A or B (Pulse or Direction). You can get the relays in singles or multiples at least up to 8 on one board.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Relay.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	426.7 KB 
ID:	19675

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cropwell For This Useful Post:

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Week Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    The easy way is to use one of these relay modules triggered by a spare output A or B (Pulse or Direction). You can get the relays in singles or multiples at least up to 8 on one board.

Name:	Relay.JPG 
Views:	183 
Size:	426.7 KB 
ID:	19675
    Oh, thanks. Didnt know this was possible. Do you have a link or similar to one of these please?

They are all over eBay, just search for 'relay module 5v' and limit to UK if you want it fast.

Here's one example of a supplier - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-2-4-8-16...f5lyx157fF9xGQ

Cheers,

Rob

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Week Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Awesome thanks

That should work well. Does it take much messing about with Mach3 to get this to work?

Name:	DSC01916.JPG 
Views:	208 
Size:	891.0 KB 
ID:	19676Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01917.JPG 
Size:	827.8 KB 
ID:	19677 I use P16 for coolant (just an air blower really) and P17 to turn the spindle on (Kress, not a three phase one with speed control)

You may like to play with active high / low and whether you connect to NO or NC on the relay as there can be some activity on the pins before Mach3 takes control.

Cheers,

Rob

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Thanks. Appreciated. Ive emailed APT support, ive used them in the past and they are really good but finding a parting solution for this otherwise excellent little CNC lathe.
    Realised earlier that I've actually got a GTN style in the lathe just now.
    It's this one - https://www.shop-apt.co.uk/part-off-...2mm-shank.html
    Tip to the back of the head is about 26mm. I only remembered after I'd turned the lathe off, and the parting tool was at a less than ideal angle to accurately measure.

I also measured a 26mm diameter WDN holder, and the tip to back of head is 21.1mm
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Realised earlier that I've actually got a GTN style in the lathe just now.
    It's this one - https://www.shop-apt.co.uk/part-off-...2mm-shank.html
    Tip to the back of the head is about 26mm. I only remembered after I'd turned the lathe off, and the parting tool was at a less than ideal angle to accurately measure.

I also measured a 26mm diameter WDN holder, and the tip to back of head is 21.1mm
    Thanks. Hadnt seen your reply but APT believe it should fit so ive ordered one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post

Name:	DSC01916.JPG 
Size:	891.0 KB 
ID:	19676Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01917.JPG 
Size:	827.8 KB 
ID:	19677 I use P16 for coolant (just an air blower really) and P17 to turn the spindle on (Kress, not a three phase one with speed control)

You may like to play with active high / low and whether you connect to NO or NC on the relay as there can be some activity on the pins before Mach3 takes control.

Cheers,

Rob
    Thanks. Appreciated.

So I ordered this one - https://www.shop-apt.co.uk/part-off-...2mm-shank.html. Its like 2mm too long but I can grind away some of the lip that's in the way. Kudos to APT for the quick delivery as usual.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread Information