. .

Thread: Emco PC120 Turn

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    5 V +on Vcc on the relay board or you will burn it out !

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 24 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Chaz wrong time of night for sense But I think you need to supply the bob with two power supplies one 5V and the other 12-24V before you will get any sense from it. Those bob's are £3,20 from ebay (China) inc PoP
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 5 Days Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,601. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Relay.png 
Views:	191 
Size:	678.7 KB 
ID:	21063

So, is this correct? If so, assuming the PC setup is right, my BoB is broken. P17 never changes state / voltage.

If you have set up the BoB OK with 12-24v GND and 5v from the PC using the USB cable AND the jumper on the BoB is off, AND ports and pins are set properly in Mach3, - then if your BoB is working it should work.

At the moment I am very pissed off that I have to rebuild my system from square 1 as after the hard drive failure, I have to reload all software. Fortunately I backed up all the work files but the Mach3 .xml has been lost and I thought I had a backup, but can't find it, so it looks like I have to go back to basics. I was up till 4:30 this morning trying to sort it, so I think today will be a 'FCUK It' day.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 5 Days Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,601. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    If you have set up the BoB OK with 12-24v GND and 5v from the PC using the USB cable AND the jumper on the BoB is off, AND ports and pins are set properly in Mach3, - then if your BoB is working it should work.

At the moment I am very pissed off that I have to rebuild my system from square 1 as after the hard drive failure, I have to reload all software. Fortunately I backed up all the work files but the Mach3 .xml has been lost and I thought I had a backup, but can't find it, so it looks like I have to go back to basics. I was up till 4:30 this morning trying to sort it, so I think today will be a 'FCUK It' day.
    Thanks. Sorry to hear about your issues. I try and backup mach3 often for the same reasons.

Pretty sure the BOB is screwed. I tried to use its relay output and did something wrong. So a new one should be ordered I believe.

Fcking electronics.

New BOB, all works. Awesome.

I then start to permanently solder the wires. I solder the 0V Gnd wire, sparks. Seems like my 24V PSU (x 2) have taken offence to me soldering whilst they were powered and both are now faulty. Really surprised. On my machine, they simply dont power. On the bench, it trips a 16A breaker once the PSU powers. Odd.

Ive got two of these units. 24V 5A each it seems.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VERO-MONOV...-/281969319232

Ill contact the manufacturer to see if they can look at them or repair.

One PSU powers two of these - http://jmcmotion.en.made-in-china.co...ler-3m860.html - suppose could go higher voltage?

The other powers the BOB and a very small stepper driver for the turret.

Argh.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Soldering the 0V/GND should not of had that effect.
    Is your soldering iron grounded properly?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 24 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Chaz most soldering irons are earthed so if you touch any live point you are basically shorting it to earth.. also those PS seem very expensive for a 24V 5A supply even a RS one like this http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/din-ra...plies/1238020/ is cheaper.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Soldering the 0V/GND should not of had that effect.
    Is your soldering iron grounded properly?
    Yep, perhaps that's the issue.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information