. .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Interesting idea to raise one of the DIN rails. I'm far from an expert on this but am wondering if having most of the earths going to the lower DIN rail makes that your main earth star point and having the island of earths on the raised DIN rail give the potential for loops / inductance (if that is the right term). I see you have an earth block on the raised rail, plus the earth wire going down to the main star point, plus the parallel earth routes through the all-thread. This doesn't quite seem right but definitately one for an expert opinion . . .
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Interesting idea to raise one of the DIN rails. I'm far from an expert on this but am wondering if having most of the earths going to the lower DIN rail makes that your main earth star point and having the island of earths on the raised DIN rail give the potential for loops / inductance (if that is the right term). I see you have an earth block on the raised rail, plus the earth wire going down to the main star point, plus the parallel earth routes through the all-thread. This doesn't quite seem right but definitately one for an expert opinion . . .
    There is only the incoming earth onto the top rail, this then distributes to the bottom "STAR" earth and all components will be erathed back here.
    Nothing as far as I am aware is earthed directly through the DIN rail so nothing will ground through this and the allthread.
    Again like yourself just my idea, but am willing to be corrected as always ;-)
    Life is best lived @ G0......

My earth terminals look like this. I'm assuming that most use the same principle in that they earth to the DIN rail, in which case your top DIN rail is earthed through the allthread to your panels back plate. If your's don't earth to the DIN rail then you're OK
    Last edited by njhussey; 07-09-2016 at 03:09 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Hi Neil,

Ah there lies in the issue.
    I ordered Yellow standard DIN rail connectors and coloured them with a Green sharpie.
    Therefore I have a plastic bottom and on contact to the DIN rail.
    Sorry for the confussion guys
    Life is best lived @ G0......

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information