. .
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It must have been noise from servos or VFD and improper grounding. That was mu conclusion, though i have grounded everything perfectly fine in my opinion. And still had problems.

yes, 100% you have to EMI protect the Board to Drive wires. maybe that will solve the issue. Try passing a separate wire from PC body to board ground or box ground/ not VDC-/. Same to VFD if you have connected / PC to VFD/. Watch VFD revolutions with spindle turned ON and you will see if that makes effect, speed will rise.

My advice is to buy the 4 axcis DDCSV controller in the future and use that in Cheap machines. Send the Pokeys back to them for refund if you can not solve it.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Thank you Boyan for your fast reply and for your usefull informations. I will try to EMI protect the wires and i will inform you about the results asap.
    Probably i will start doing this on Sunday. So we will communicate again very soon.

Just to add my 2 cents, my pokeys57cnc has been working great so far on my machine with mach4. Probing seems to work well with my 3D touch probe too.

I do have everything run via a star point ground, including the spindle and all shield wires... so perhaps noise is indeed the issue.
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 10-03-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Argh, not getting spindle to work. Do I use Pin 17 for the 'up to 10V' output and then GND as the 0V?

Not sure if I am doing the mapping stuff correctly or not. This is with the Pokeys 57 U, not a bad board thus far.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Ok, got it to start, had to put in a timing value for PWM. It turns but my speed changes dont change the input voltage that is stuck on roughly 3V. Just wondering how my USB powered device 'creates' 10V if there is no external power supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Ok, got it to start, had to put in a timing value for PWM. It turns but my speed changes dont change the input voltage that is stuck on roughly 3V. Just wondering how my USB powered device 'creates' 10V if there is no external power supply.
    From what I have seen, quite a lot of BOBs need a separate external power supply for the analogue output, typically 12V. Some VFDs can provide this - all depends on the combination of kit you are using.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    From what I have seen, quite a lot of BOBs need a separate external power supply for the analogue output, typically 12V. Some VFDs can provide this - all depends on the combination of kit you are using.
    Thanks. Managed to get it work, but not with the board itself. The Pokeys U board is limited to 3.3V PWM max. Confirmed by their support guys and online via a thread. So got a £4.99 RS485 USB adaptor which I got working last night. So no need for spindle control from the Pokeys. Not ideal but it works.

Out of interest any particular reason you went for the U rather than the CNC?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    Out of interest any particular reason you went for the U rather than the CNC?
    Availability mainly. Zapp didnt have a CNC one in stock. There is one for sale on this forum but good luck getting a response from the seller. Ive tried for 2 weeks now.

In hindsight, Id probably buy a CNC one next time although the U works and doesnt need an additional PSU, so nice and clean.

ah fair dinkums.

I ordered direct from pokeys, came pretty quickly.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information