Hi, got an OmioCNC machine, not used it very much yet, but started to play with it today and cut some bits of plastic. Part way through it started making a nasty sound... Video here:

I presume one (or more) of the balls in the ballscrew has broken? The noise appears to come from the ballscrew area, it's like a crack crack noise. It's *not* coming from the end bearings for example. When I first got the machine I jogged it around and would get the odd crack like this, but very intermittent, I had previously assumed it was the loose ball cycling around... I guess not though?

Any tips on dismantling and how to repair? I have written to Omio to ask for help, but perhaps if I need a complete new ballscrew there are other options I should look at (price/quality wise?).

I guess this is a good opportunity to replace the end bearings, previously there was a good 0.05mm backlash if I pulled the machine forward/back along the Y (holding the ballscrew still). I'm guessing this would be play in the end bearing rather than play in the ballscrew? Tips on sources of appropriate angular contact bearings for this machine?

Thanks for any help!

Ed W