Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Forgive me my ignorance, but how is that better than my 10 euro multimeter from lidl pdm 250 a2?
    You obviously don't understand multimeter snobbery, if you pull anything less than a well used Fluke 17B out of your bag you cannot hope to be taken seriously. I laugh at your Lidl multimeter, "ha!"

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    You obviously don't understand multimeter snobbery, if you pull anything less than a well used Fluke 17B out of your bag you cannot hope to be taken seriously. I laugh at your Lidl multimeter, "ha!"
    Or the good old Avo 7
    ..Clive

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Or the good old Avo 7
    Practically on the same spiritual plane as the orca. I envy your Avo 7, but only if you have the case

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    I envy your Avo 7, but only if you have the case
    - In burnished leather.
    It takes all sorts to make a world, I am just glad I am not one of them.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    - In burnished leather.
    Of course, but I got rid and bought an Avo 8 mark 3 and that makes a very good door stop
    ..Clive

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    That's the multi in multimeter. Another advantage is that you are more likely to notice if one of those thieving sparkies tries to make off with it !
    Don't be daft they wouldn't be seen dead with anything less than a fluke, when/if they can find it amongst all that mess they call a work van :D

    AvE of youtube did an interesting video recently:

    https://youtu.be/XDm5BfRrAsg

    Then a follow up:

    https://youtu.be/rJm9iCha-jM

    .Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 11-08-2016 at 05:02 PM.
    .Me

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Don't be daft they wouldn't be seen dead with anything less than a fluke, when/if they can find it amongst all that mess they call a work van :D

    AvE of youtube did an interesting video recently:

    https://youtu.be/XDm5BfRrAsg

    Then a follow up:

    https://youtu.be/rJm9iCha-jM

    .Me

    this is a great video channel, quite refreshing disassemblies of stuff
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

  8. #18
    how you can trust your measurements with meter like that.
    I compared all my flukes with those cheap crap and they were miles away - mostly in A mode, even voltage was off.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0230.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	213.4 KB 
ID:	19022Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1597.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	405.1 KB 
ID:	19023
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Forgive me my ignorance, but how is that better than my 10 euro multimeter from lidl pdm 250 a2? I see the bench one could measure temperature, but i have very good laser gun thermometer to 1300C . Anything else that one might need ? In the DIY CNC line of things i mean.

    Attachment 19004

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom J View Post
    how you can trust your measurements with meter like that.
    I compared all my flukes with those cheap crap and they were miles away - mostly in A mode, even voltage was off.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0230.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	213.4 KB 
ID:	19022Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1597.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	405.1 KB 
ID:	19023
    The accuracy of the UT-801 for my purposes is adequate. The €10 meters are OK for checking continuity. Voltage, resistance and current within 5% is OK if you know the limitations.
    My UT-801 will sit on a bench, it doesn't have to be rugged. I am not in the habit of flinging the meter across the shop in frustration, therefore it doesn't need to be a Fluke.
    The main difference between the UT-801 and a Fluke 87V is 300, which is the most significant one for me.

    Cheers,

    Rob
    It takes all sorts to make a world, I am just glad I am not one of them.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to cropwell For This Useful Post:


  11. #20
    Rob you are forgetting that the Fluke lets out scented magic smoke.
    ..Clive

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Welding bench
    By Boyan Silyavski in forum Metalwork Project Showcase
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-07-2015, 04:01 PM
  2. WANTED: Boxford 160 tcl bench top cnc lathe
    By sbdtasos in forum Items Wanted
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2015, 06:48 AM
  3. Which Bench top CNC machine for jewellery etc
    By Claymore in forum Machine Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 16-11-2011, 07:39 PM
  4. WANTED: CNC Bench Lathe wanted
    By Leadhead in forum Items Wanted
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-08-2011, 08:30 AM
  5. Bench Top Mill
    By Wobblybootie in forum Milling Machines, Builds & Conversions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 05:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •