. .
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    My best multimeter packed in at the weekend and I was looking at ali-express for a replacement and found the Uni-Trend UT801, costing around the £60 mark from most places. However, much to my amazement, Maplin were offering it for £30 (delivered). I haven't used it in anger yet, but it looks the job ! It is a big bugger though, as it runs off 6 C cells or a wall wart (provided) !!

Last edited by cropwell; 09-08-2016 at 06:42 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cropwell For This Useful Post:

Cheers for that, just ordered one.
    John S -

Nipped down to Loughborough tonight as they were the only store to have one in the shop. so ordered it on line and reserved it

Got there and it had no box and the lid was missing. Well kicked off right good and proper, told them had to knock off work early, drive 25 miles uphill in the pouring rain, not fed me dog etc, etc.

Anyway got it for £22.50 with a set of batteries thrown in.
    Soon make a cover on the laser, mind you that one will still go missing.
    John S -

Must be the bargain of the week - someones trying on fleabay to sell one and its up to £41 already!

Bet they are out of stock!

peter

Can't resist a bargain, hope this is a bargain, I'll let you know when it arrives

Maplin seem to have them in stock for delivery, and delivery is included. I actually don't like Maplin, they have gone from being a useful electronics components source to a toy shop. I suppose the bean counters are in charge. With Maplin, I would have expected a price of £129.99 ! Maybe someone has made a cock-up with the price or they have a container load of them to shift. Chinese goods can be stupidly cheap, for instance, those £50 bench drills are imported by the container load at around £5 each (which is all they are worth when the quill is so sloppy !).

Forgive me my ignorance, but how is that better than my 10 euro multimeter from lidl pdm 250 a2? I see the bench one could measure temperature, but i have very good laser gun thermometer to 1300C . Anything else that one might need ? In the DIY CNC line of things i mean.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	multimeter.PNG 
Views:	332 
Size:	515.6 KB 
ID:	19004
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Forgive me my ignorance, but how is that better than my 10 euro multimeter from lidl pdm 250 a2?
    In terms of measurement ranges, it does frequency, capacitance and temperature >230C. It has a large back-lit display and can be mains powered. Otherwise it is functionally the same as the lidl one, I guess.

BUT it is a Bench Multimeter, and I reckon it is big enough to use as a bench .

Rob
    Last edited by cropwell; 11-08-2016 at 01:08 PM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I reckon it is big enough to use as a bench .
    Or a door stop when you blow it up Rob
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Or a door stop when you blow it up Rob

That's the multi in multimeter. Another advantage is that you are more likely to notice if one of those thieving sparkies tries to make off with it !
    Last edited by cropwell; 11-08-2016 at 01:44 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information