. .
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I don't expect a new one from Antex, this one was two years old and I attempted to repair it. Still, a reel of solder would be a nice token gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    I don't expect a new one from Antex, this one was two years old and I attempted to repair it. Still, a reel of solder would be a nice token gesture.
    Hi Cropwell
    Send it back to them and they will most likely stand by thier product and send you a replacement. I've been using antex irons for 40 years and have always been well happy with them!
    Cheers.
    Andrew

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Next time buy the Chinese one i bought. No problems so far.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

The new antex is chinese and the first batch were duff!! A lot of chinese products are crap but there are some good one's. It's a lottery as to what you get . I have a chinese drum sander the machine cast iron is fine but the nylon lovejoy connector with the drum and motor broke every 10 mins. The company wanted 30 euros for a replacement every time it broke. I got a steel one made in uk for 10 Euros end of problem+ lesson learnt.
    Cheers.

Andrew
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Next time buy the Chinese one i bought. No problems so far.
    Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by the great waldo; 18-10-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the great waldo View Post
    Send it back to them and they will most likely stand by thier product and send you a replacement.
    I emailed the Sales Manager at Antex and he asked me to send the defunct iron back to them, which I have done. They have also taken on board my suggestion that the flex grommet should be longer and more flexible (as in the older model TC50W) as the silicone lead is more pliable and likely to have the conductors fail, as mine did (just after the flex grommet).

I have already replaced the dead iron but maybe they will respond with a new iron, then I will have three. Won't that boost my productivity.

Antex have replied with a cash offer, which was entirely satisfactory. In the meantime, I have sent them a pic of my mod
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20181115_13_32_33_Pro.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	141.4 KB 
ID:	25117 and they have taken onboard the suggestion that the radius of curvature of the flex should be larger to prevent the conductors fatiguing prematurely.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information