Hi guys,

I think I may have found a limitation in Fusion 360, but not entirely sure as I may be doing something wrong and wonder if anyone else has hit this or has a solution.

What I'm trying to do is take an ornate moulding of vine leaves and grapes (200,000 triangle polygons), import that, attach it to a "back board" and then run 3D CAD to mill/route it out. Similar to this piece I filmed poorly a couple of years ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YtUHDeHEqk

I know Fusion has a 10,000 poly limit and I've used Meshmixer to get the model within budget and Remake to convert to Quad polys rather than triangles, but F360 still won't recognise the model after importing as something it can machine. I spent a few evenings trying out a few different approaches and then decided to admit defeat and ran the original 200K poly model into Deskproto and did it in there. Not ideal as I need to hog away alot of material in 40mm thick hardwood and Adaptive/Trochoidal would be a winner.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'm going to have a whine in the Autodesk forums about it, as I can't see why a model, once imported can't be machined...

I have the model if anyone wants to have a go themselves.