. .
    Anyone on here use one, have used one?

everthing I make would fit in the work area on the #15 scanning seems like it would be a luxury.

I'm intrigued!
    Last edited by Benja; 17-08-2016 at 07:24 PM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benja View Post
    Anyone on here use one, have used one?

everthing I make would fit in the work area on the #15 scanning seems like it would be a luxury.

I'm intrigued!
    You don't say what you want to cut etc. nor do you give a link to the machine.
    But from the spec. "Plaster, Resin (modeling wax, styrenform), Chemical wood" great if you want to ice cakes.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

I was under the impression the title was good enough for someone who had or does use one.
    Here's the link
    http://www.rolanddg.com/product/3d/3...mdx-20_15.html

Maybe I do want to ice cakes, that wasnt the question I was asking.
    Last edited by Benja; 17-08-2016 at 06:26 PM.

You need to focus on what you want to do with a machine and not price.
    Low priced machines have got into that band by cutting corners.
    John S -

John! :) hey man, I know what I want from a machine. I think perhaps you've misunderstood where i'm at.

I see something like this and I want to find out more from a user's perspective, I doesnt mean I'm counting pennies or even in the market to buy one, but this machine as whole piqued my interest.
    I like to learn about all kinds of things, in this case i'm interested in learning about cnc machines. I'm not after buying this one or that one.
    As I said in my previous thread which you may have missed. Ive already have a machine running on Linuxcnc which I run daily making small component pieces from hardwood, I'm quite happy with the machine I have and it runs well, I run it within its limits and it produces pieces well within the tolerances I need it to.

I am researching for a new machine to run along side it, which is why I keep coming across these off the shelf models. I dont really want to just dismiss them without finding out a little about them first, what makes them good or bad. It would be easy to say what it cant do i'm more interested in what it is capable of and where its limits lie.
    Last edited by Benja; 17-08-2016 at 07:23 PM.

Thread Information