. .

Thread: need some help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hi. can anyone be kind enough to write a few lines of g code for mach 3 so I can test my machine. its an MF70 mini mill so something that can be machined out of 4mm plastic sheet would be good. I just want to see the machine cutting something.
    please email me direct.

thanks. terry
    Last edited by terry1956; 29-08-2016 at 02:25 PM.

Best not to put your email address on the forum. Have emailed you.

Any small shape would do a oval around 40mmx10mm 3mm deep would be good

did you get sorted out with this ?

hi. ok this is what I am getting. I have set the home position and machine G54 homing position to zero. the home position is with the machine bed 70 percent into the -x travel and the y at mid point of its travel. the z homing position is just at the start of its downward travel. the machine position G54 is with the x at 50 percent into its travel so at midpoint and the y axis the same and the z just in contact with the work surface. I am not sure if this is correct or if there is a better g54 position to use.
    ok I made a drawing in solidworks, exported it into artcam and this is the program it made.

Tool No1.
    GO17 G21 G49 G80 G90 G91.1
    GO25.0000
    M3 S15000
    GO X-26.8618 Y-1.9300 Z5.0000
    G1 Z-0.5000 F240
    G1 X-27.6058 Y-1.9240 F600
    YO .8628
    X26.0964 Y1.3811
    Y-2.3522
    X-26.8618 Y-1.9300
    GO Z5.0000
    GO XO.0000 YO.0000
    GO Z5.0000
    GO XO.0000 YO.0000
    M5
    M30.

this program is just a test for a .5mm deep slot. what worries me is that there looks like there is know start position. ie g54 position.
    I tried it on the mill a small MF70 and the tooling went all over the place.
    what am I doing wrong ???????????

To get back to your original request, I drew a small oval given the sizes you specified
    Any small shape would do a oval around 40mmx10mm 3mm deep would be good
    The dxf was then put into Cambam and this is the resulting code :-

0,0 would be set right in the centre of the oval, and Z0 would be the top of your part, it is set to go down at .5 depth of cut, so for a total depth of 3mm, should go around 6 times.
    Give it a try and see if it works?

Oval.Part1 [Profile1].nc
    Last edited by needleworks; 29-08-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    The dxf was then put into Cambam and this is the resulting code :-
    It might be better to attach the file rather than post the code as you can see it takes a lot of space
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 22 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Terry It is going all over the place because you have not specified G54 at the top of the code.
    GO17 G21 G49 G54 G80 G90 G91.1
    ..Clive

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    It might be better to attach the file rather than post the code as you can see it takes a lot of space
    Doh !!! never thought about that, sorted now

Quote Originally Posted by needleworks View Post
    Doh !!! never thought about that, sorted now
    It just make the forum easier to read
    ..Clive

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information