. .
    I'm looking at getting one of these to run some checks for the replacement motor on my lathe. Is one better than the other?

I was going to use the FS wizard but the online version doesn't seem to support turning.

Thanks in advance.

I think you probably need to trial them both and see what suits you, I ended up with HSM Advisor because it suited me best but others have told me that they like G-Wizard best,
    Regards,
    Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    As Nick says, trial them both.

I personally preferred HSM Advisor, as it just seemed easier/more intuitive to use, however I've never tried GW since buying a HSM license several years ago. And I'm even less inclined to do so, since cnccookbook became one big G-wizard advert.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Not only that g-wizards requires Adobe air to run and an internet connection. Adobe air is one big piece of crap, worse than Norton and takes over your computer
    John S -

Thanks, I was going to try the demos but thought is was worth asking the question.

Do they sneak Adobe air in as part of the install then? I cant see any reference to it. might not bother with the trial and see how I get on with HSM.

I'm doing a small research project looking into cutting parameters and the tools that are out there to help programmers. If anyone has a couple of minutes to complete a fully anonymous questionnaire to aid my research project I'd be really grateful
    https://forms.gle/mHLBcfR5jwdrnNR88

Thread Information