. .
    Hello.

I have recently acquired an old 2 axis TEP CNC machine. It has an interface with a serial port on it and all the mechanics, stepper motors etc.

My problem is, I can't seem to find the design software to run this although I'm not surprised as it says 1999 on it. I want to steer clear of G code so ideally I want some kind of CAD software which will convert this into a language with the TEP interface will recognise. Ideally a simple, free piece of software .

Does anyone know of any software I could use with this?

I'm thinking this might not be achievable so another option might be to replace the electronics and use the existing frame work and stepper motors.
    Could anyone suggest some electronics & software I could use?

Your help would be much appreciated!

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Only just seen this (your post has probably been stuck in moderation for a couple days), but is your machine similar to this thread - http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/4335-...ine-conversion

Personally, I'd look at converting it, but to what will depend on your knowledge and/or willingness to learn.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Thread Information