. .

Thread: Evening All

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Hi All,

I'll be honest I'm not very good at this sell yourself bit but here goes..

I'm Rich from Newcastle and well I stumbled upon your site tonight and thought I would come over and see if I could pick some peoples brains on the cnc side of things and maybe offer some help on the PC side of things.

I've been a cnc newbie for years with my little Roland PNC2300A until now when I'm ready to join the big boys with a new OXCNC machine in a week or 2 (unless I'm warned off??).

Anyway, thanks for having me and hope to get to know a few of you as we go.

Hi Rich,

Welcome to the forum! There's plenty of experienced CNC'ers on here (I don't claim to be one of them by the way!!) for you to pick the brains of. There's no such thing as a silly question, the only silly question is the one you don't ask!! The OXCNC might be OK for you, but depends on what you want to do with it as it's not the stiffest machine in the world
    Neil...

Build log...here

4. Thats the one Robin, I was looking at the 1500mm*1500mm version and was going to drop a dewalt unit in it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Hi Rich,

Welcome to the forum! There's plenty of experienced CNC'ers on here (I don't claim to be one of them by the way!!) for you to pick the brains of. There's no such thing as a silly question, the only silly question is the one you don't ask!! The OXCNC might be OK for you, but depends on what you want to do with it as it's not the stiffest machine in the world
    Thanks Neil, one question I do have is could you tell me please. How long does the post moderation lasts for ?

6. Yeah thats the one Robin, 1500mm*1500mm with plans to stick the dewalt router on it.

7. Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Hi Rich,

Hi Neil, I was looking at using it to do some flat pack builds (arcade cabinets etc..) and some house name plate/signs and maybe some arty stuff too.

Do you think it would be up to the job?

Quote Originally Posted by Chimestrike View Post
    (unless I'm warned off??).
    Be afraid Very Afraid.!!! . . . . . . Weak and flimsy and poorly designed. Save the money and DIY build something proper.!

9. Thanks Jazzcnc,

Any recomendations for less than £1500?

Quote Originally Posted by Chimestrike View Post
    Any recomendations for less than £1500?
    I have a serious feeling of deja vu on this thread - I think the next post will be 'Double your budget !'

Rob.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information