. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hey Guys

Thanks for the replies, I will be going for the pulley option so I will leave those off and get the belt and pulleys after thank you very much for that I would have ordered them without needing them. The wooden Box is always handy too. I have been pricing the cnc4you pricing and Fred is working out at a better price although as said the quality on the spindle has been tested. although it does sound like freds items are of good quality. I think I will take the Drivers off though or ask if he can get them.

I'm really sorry it might be a silly question but for the Drivers to go to 80v I assume that the power supply is the part that defines the amount of power depending on a power output. and would the motor need to be a 80v and above to use this power.

Thank you

Rob

Rob your buying when you don't know what your buying and this is sure fire way to waste money. The fact your asking about Voltage shows you haven't done much research and don't understand how Voltage and motor relate to each other which is very crucial relationship for performance. So how can you buy these items when you don't know what you need.?

Can I suggest you slow down and hang fire on the buying until your know exactly what you need. Fred is great to deal with for rails and ballscrews but there are better cheaper places for drives and spindle etc.

Believe I gave you my Email and phone number so time ago so give me ring if your not sure. If not the ask and I'll give it you.

If you buy blind you will regret it. DONT TRUST suppliers to give you the best components or components which best suit your machine. They will always give you what's best for them first ie: In stock or Old stock.!!

Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    Hi
    I would not use direct coupling Motor/Ballscrew use belt and pully, Dean always recommends this setup to reduce resonance.
    Regards
    Mike
    I have no idea who Dean is, but if you mean rigid coupling then I agree, that should not be used, but the lovejoy couplers are not rigid.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7199-7645539.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	19192

They offer some flexibility, but not as much as the crappy Chinese sold as flexible couplers. These are the ones I mean should be avoided because they generate vibrations and can snap off any time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V1_DSC_6542_800.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	294.5 KB 
ID:	19193

On the other hand, these require less installation accuracy, so if you are sloppy, or not good at adjusting and aligning then the lovejoy type isn't the one for you.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    I have no idea who Dean is,
    That would be me but Mike's comment wasn't aimed at you or your comment about Oldham couplers so why you would feel the need to respond like that I've no idea.?

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    That would be me but Mike's comment wasn't aimed at you or your comment about Oldham couplers so why you would feel the need to respond like that I've no idea.?
    Not that easy to figure out who he aimed at, is it? Especially since his post is directly under mine, with no quote... So why you take my answer the way you did, I have no idea.
    Last edited by A_Camera; 14-09-2016 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Not that easy to figure out who he aimed at, is it?
    Yes it is Mike was talking to Rob the OP who knows me by name. He clearly wasn't directing it at you or questioning your suggestion but merely reminding Rob what had been said to him by me. Which Rob acknowledged two posts later and before you felt the need to reply.! . . Hence why I wondered why you replyed in the manner you did.

Good Evening Guys

Thank you very much for the replies. I didn't know about the other type of couplers and so Thank you. Although Because I will go with the Pulleys then it will be changeable on the speeds and torque (Although thats another learning curve for the maths )

Thanks dean Yes your right Its the problem when I get started I buy and then it sits there waiting for me for ages and I would have been better to learn and then buy after so thank you very much for slowing me down. Although where were you when I brought my AC cobra replica . still not bad that's only sat there for 7 years i'm sure they get better with age well that's if it worked.

I will got through the Logs and start to learn and do it properly I didn't really know where to start so the thread is great with the suggestions on the items that are best to look towards.

I have just come in from the Garage and still working on the frame although that is looking a bit more than box section now but only just.

I didn't have your details previously dean but if you don't mind me speaking to you at some stage when you have a minute it would be gratefully received.

Thank you all as usual for all the help you give

Thanks

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by grain_r View Post
    I didn't have your details previously dean but if you don't mind me speaking to you at some stage when you have a minute it would be gratefully received.
    Speak to so many people I forget who just seem to think I'd spoke to you some time ago.? But could easily be some other Rob.!!

I'll PM you my number.

Hey Dean

Brilliant Thank you that will be great. We've only spoken on the forum so it must have been another Rob.

What "manner"... you mean saying "I don't know who Dean is..." if that is a "manner" for you then you you seem to be awfully oversensitive, especially considering you don't have a signature which includes "Dean" so it is pretty hard to guess.

By the way, if you are asking me about why I am answering to a post which was not addressed to me, then ask yourself the same question. Especially considering that in my case it was OBVIOUS that I was not talking to you but to Mekanik, since I quoted him. So, relax and try keep yourself to relevant facts instead of this. Did I say something which was incorrect then feel free to address that, even if I was not talking to you. I really don't mind...
    Last edited by A_Camera; 16-09-2016 at 04:41 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information