. .
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    There's a thread on MadModder about this controller, one guy has been in contact with the manufacturer and says V2 of it will be out in about a month or so.

Alex

2. How is the software corrected for the perpendicularity of the axes?

Quote Originally Posted by foto-boss View Post
    How is the software corrected for the perpendicularity of the axes?
    As i answered you on Youtube, still not. it must be done in a mechanical way, say bumping the gantry towards mechanical end stops and then switching on the motors. I do that everyday on my machine and its not a big deal. 1 min more.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

4. Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    As i answered you on Youtube, still not. it must be done in a mechanical way, say bumping the gantry towards mechanical end stops and then switching on the motors. I do that everyday on my machine and its not a big deal. 1 min more.
    My question does not concern the subordinate axis.
    The question of correcting the perpendicularity of the axes.
    For example, in Mach3, this is solved through formulas.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-10-17_182609.png 
Views:	338 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	23077

My question does not concern the subordinate axis.
    The question of correcting the perpendicularity of the axes.
    For example, in Mach3, this is solved through formulas.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-10-17_182609.png 
Views:	338 
Size:	24.5 KB 
ID:	23077
    Ok i see. I did not even know it existed in Mach3.

Answer is No. But any software can do this. So it could be corrected in CAD.

if we are talking DIY CNC here, if its correctly constructed that will not be an issue. Epoxy leveling or surfacing. Mounting one rail against straight edge. With the help of same long straight edge and 2 precision squares mounting the second rail. If care is taken straightness and parallelism less than 0.05-0.02mm could be achieved even in a big router, which is absolutely enough. I have mounted 1000x500 machine with even better precision.

At the end of the day its a cheap controller. But as i said you can skew the drawing in any CAD then send it to CAM and machine.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

For example, in Mach3, this is solved through formulas.
    It's a bodge for wonky machines which shouldn't be necessary, machines should be built square ;-)
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

8. All clear. In any case, I already ordered ddscv1.1 4 axis for the experiment.
    Editing in the CAD program is not suitable for a variety of reasons, so this function is in all serious machine control programs, even in an amateur like a mach3. Precise adjustment of the axes perpendicularly incommensurably faster and more accurately done programmatically, especially in those cases where it is already very difficult to do mechanically.
    Of course, not everyone needs this function.

9. Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    It's a bodge for wonky machines which shouldn't be necessary, machines should be built square ;-)
    Well in words, then all the machines are very accurate and the axes are strictly perpendicular ... :)

I've never had a manual milling machine where X wasn't correctly aligned with Y but I've only had seven.
    Did everyone get lazy with the advent of CNC to the extent we have to pretend it isn't possible to build machines correctly any more?
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

11. The accuracy that suits you and is suitable for your tasks, can not arrange another.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread Information