. .
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    As it was such fun translating the Chinese I decided to have a go at slib.nc.

If this is actually used by the controller (as I'm sure the probe.nc is used) then it shows that the controller can handle very sofisticate g-code and a simple sert of language constructions/data variables/trig functions/macro calls etc.

Attatched is the translation with a bit of re-formatting

English_probe.txt
    Last edited by Will_D; 07-02-2018 at 11:18 PM.

Where you able to get the probe function to work?
    It works for me until I clip on to the tool.
    Just touching the 2 probe leads together seems to work, but when I clip either lead on the tool it just goes down and stops/binds up.

No not yet!!

oops this attachment attacher is crap compared to SMF

Thing this is the right one

English_slib.txt
    Last edited by Will_D; 09-02-2018 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    Where you able to get the probe function to work?
    It works for me until I clip on to the tool.
    Just touching the 2 probe leads together seems to work, but when I clip either lead on the tool it just goes down and stops/binds up.
    Hey buddy.

Just an idea, as I've recently got my setup working along with the touch probe, but do you have the polarity of the touch probe wired up correctly?
    From memory the ground pin needs to go to the croc clip which clips to your router bit and the positive to the isolated touch puck which sits on the material surface

If you have it the other way around, as the spindle is grounded, connecting a positive wire to it would confuse things.

Ian Contessa
    Last edited by coolice; 11-02-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried with the probe wired both ways.

It worked with an earlier version of firmware, but I can't seem to get it to work with the Xmas version of the firmware I downloaded from MadModder. https://madmodder.net/index.php?acti...0;attach=39115.

From my understanding of the manual the probe signal is PROBE terminal to +12V-I.

I don't see how it can work that way with the +12V-I connected to the tool. (grounded out) But like I said, I've tried it both ways.

I have also tried PROBE to Ground. (didn't work)

The only way I see that it could work would be if tool was isolated from ground.

It worked with an earlier version of firmware.
    That right there is your answer!
    The guy who is modifying the code has broken something and has not yet fixed it.
    I can't see a version list with faults and fixes so you can know what is good in any given version, it's a Crap Shoot!
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried with the probe wired both ways.

It worked with an earlier version of firmware, but I can't seem to get it to work with the Xmas version of the firmware I downloaded from MadModder. https://madmodder.net/index.php?acti...0;attach=39115.

From my understanding of the manual the probe signal is PROBE terminal to +12V-I.

I don't see how it can work that way with the +12V-I connected to the tool. (grounded out) But like I said, I've tried it both ways.

I have also tried PROBE to Ground. (didn't work)

The only way I see that it could work would be if tool was isolated from ground.
    Hey Buddy.

No problem, you're welcome. Glad to try and give some possible ideas.

I'm with magicniner, in that if it was workign on a previous firmware then the current one instaleld has broken it.
    I'm watching the Pandora development, as what those guys are doing is brilliant and makes the unit nicer, but I have resisted flashing it myself as the setup works for me so far. So I'm reluctant to mess around until I really need to.

Try flashing back to a previous working firmware and see if that makes things right again.

Ian

Slowly making progress in understanding the control language thats supported. It looks very like Fanuc Macro Control language.

I think this may be where the system variables come from but so far I have had no luck trying to find a concise reference manual for the Fanuc languiage.

Any one have any links?

I have got loops and conditions working now trying to figure out subroutine calls.

Will
    Last edited by Will_D; 15-02-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Does anyone know if any of the Fanuc Post Processor Scripts in Aspire work out of the box with this?

I had previously created a post processor to work in Solidworks / SolidCAM but had to wipe the PC and cant bring myself to sit for hours re-doing it?

Thanks

Alex

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread Information