. .
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post

Having had dealing with a few UK main model engineering suppliers I can't see any wanting to carry these units.
    For one the sale would be very low and for every sale make in the UK 3 would buy direct from China to escape the markup, taxes and VAT etc so there would be no reason to even look for a supplier in China.

Exactly my findings, though i stubbornly looked for the supplier. But as i said i looked with the idea to make them change this and that so it fits better to our needs. For the price they wholesale it, it has to be sold sth like 250 euro to be worth the effort. Even so it will be a great deal. But with the said changes and updated manuals, plus direct contact with the programmer so if bugs found to be immediately removed and software updated.

The way it is now, its better bought directly from China for 160 euros shipping included.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Ok got one of these on it's way I'll torcher it to death then jump in with my two penny's worth.!!!

3. We have not stopped selling ballscrews, but we are discontinuing the C7 range and this is not because we cant compete, its more to do with stocking both C7 and C5 is a logistical nightmare and requires a lot of stock holding.
    There is big difference in the ballscrews we offer and what you find on the Chinese market, all of the dirt cheap Chinese ball screws are the rejects from TBI or other manufactures (Not meeting C7 lead accuracy, non complaint root diameter and a number of other issues) and are dumped onto the chinese market at near scrap value. We stopped selling the Chinese ballscrews and nuts due to these problems.

The ballnuts are made in china and that is why they fit them to the screws and if you need a new nut two years later, good luck, because you may need to reball it to fit correctly.

Regarding importing and selling the low cost controllers, i have absolutely no intention, till they are CE, have real documentation and some form of technical support.
    Also what is important is that there is some money to be made from selling them and at the moment, we would only be able to sell them at a loss.
    Adding them on a machine is another matter though.

Pete, Very grey area but controllers fall into the exempt area for lead free as they are controlling critical equipment unlike say a washing machine or radio.

However I know what you are saying.

Having had dealing with a few UK main model engineering suppliers I can't see any wanting to carry these units.
    For one the sale would be very low and for every sale make in the UK 3 would buy direct from China to escape the markup, taxes and VAT etc so there would be no reason to even look for a supplier in China.

Both Zapp and Arceurotade have stopped selling ball screws as everyone is going direct and it won't end there.
    Arc is to stop selling drivers and steppers when the current stock has run out for the same reason.
    Last edited by Gary; 28-10-2016 at 07:51 AM.

Real life scenario today. Electricity stopped for a sec today, something with the fuse box or whatever. Flipped back the main interrupter at home, went to machine, hit "all go to 0" and after 3 min it was operational. It had not lost exact machine position .I had just to check if Z height is there correctly to be sure, as i have loaded 60 euro tool, All was there as it should be on place.

Went back to my PC to brag here about that. Mehh. 15 days in a raw , windows 10 attempts and fails to install updates. Read in internet, fixed registry, attempted manual update, fixed once, repeats with next updates without being able to fix. So in fact had to wait 10 min to update and 15 min to repair itself from inability to update. So half an hour later was operational. And have in mind that it does that twice a day and does not let me postpone or disable automatic update.On my pc. The one who invented that feature is N1 in my bad person list

Meanwhile machine was working at least half an hour doing steadily its job. For that time it made 6 parts . You tell me now what are you conclusions. I am not trying to convince anybody here.

Some people ask me on Youtube about macros. I dont know anything but lets see what the controller has in its memory. There is a file called "probe"

here is what "probe" is made of:

G04P0;ÔÝÍ£0s£¬ÎªºóÐø³ÌÐòÕýÈ·¶ÁÈ¡µ±Ç°»úе×ø±êλÖÃM5 ;¹Ø±ÕÖ÷Öá
    (¶ÁÈ¡µ±Ç°µ¶¾ß»úе×ø±êλÖÃ)
    #20=#864
    #21=#865
    #22=#866
    IF#571EQ0GOTO1;Åбðϵͳ²ÉÓù̶¨Î»ÖöԵ¶Ä£Ê½»¹Êǵ±Ç °Î»ÖöԵ¶Ä£Ê½
    (¹Ì¶¨¶Ôµ¶Ä£Ê½Ï£¬Çó³öX¡¢Y¡¢ZµÄ½ø¸øÁ¿)
    #1=#572-#20
    #2=#573-#21
    #3=#574-#22
    GOTO2
    (µ±Ç°¶Ôµ¶Ä£Ê½Ï£¬X¡¢Y¡¢Z½ø¸øÁ¿ÇåÁã)
    N1#1=0
    #2=0
    #3=0
    (Òƶ¯µ½¶Ôµ¶³õʼλÖÃ)
    N2G91G00Z#3
    G91G00X#1Y#2
    (ÒÔ100ËÙ¶ÈÏÂ̽100mm¼ì²â¶Ôµ¶ÐźÅ)
    N1M101
    G91G01Z-100F100
    M102
    G04P0;ÔÝÍ£0s
    #402=#400;±£´æ×ø±êϵZÖáÁãµãÆ«ÖÃ
    #403=1;ÉèÖÃ×Ô¶¯ÐÞÕý×ø±êϵ±êÖ¾
    #404=-#870;±£´æ¶Ôµ¶¿éºñ¶È£¬Èç¹û֮ǰ¶Ôµ¶¿éºñ¶È²ÎÊýΪ0£¬Ïµ ͳ½«²ÉÓøñäÁ¿ÐÞÕý¶Ôµ¶¿éºñ¶È²ÎÊý£¬ÒÔÍê³ÉµÚÒ»´Î¶Ôµ¶
    G91G01Z#575F#578;¶Ôµ¶Íê³É£¬ZÖá»ØÍË

I think that is Chinese, thats why the strange characters. So obviously things could be done

Also there is a file called "eng" which contains the specific machine settings, which could be altered on PC, loaded to say 100 controllers, if you a fitting it on a same machine. Which is great, so you don't have to program by clicking 100 controllers

inside its something like that:

&&#5 -t1 -s1"minimum log radius of 4axis machining" -s2"mm" -m0 -min=0.000 -max=999.999
    #6 -t2 -s1"A axis rotate reference axis" -m0 -min=0.000 -max=3.000 -i0"X axis" -i1"Y axis" -i2"Z axis" -i3"not rotate"

#104 -t2 -s1"A axis optimal path when G0 run" -m0 -min=0.000 -max=1.000 -i0"No" -i1"Yes"

#34 -t1 -s1"X axis pulse equivalency" -s2"pulse/mm" -m2 -min=50.000 -max=99999.000
    #35 -t1 -s1"Y axis pulse equivalency" -s2"pulse/mm" -m2 -min=50.000 -max=99999.000
    #36 -t1 -s1"Z axis pulse equivalency" -s2"pulse/mm" -m2 -min=50.000 -max=99999.000
    #37 -m0
    #38=1280 -t1 -s1"A axis pulse equivalency" -s2"" -m0 -min=50.000 -max=999999.000
    #39=0 -t2 -s1"A axis pulse unit" -m0 -min=0.000 -max=1.000 -i0"pulse/deg" -i1"pulse/circle"
    #40=0 -t2 -s1"AB axis Selection" -m0 -min=0.000 -max=1.000 -i0"A axis" -i1"B axis"

#390 -t2 -s1"X axis DIR signal Electric Level" -m2 -min=0.000 -max=1.000 -i0"Low" -i1"High"
    #391 -t2 -s1"Y axis DIR signal Electric Level" -m2 -min=0.000 -max=1.000 -i0"Low" -i1"High"
    #392 -t2 -s1"Z axis DIR signal Electric Level" -m2 -min=0.000 -max=1.000 -i0"Low" -i1"High"
    #393 -t2 -s1"A axis DIR signal Electric Level" -m0 -min=0.000 -max=1.000 -i0"Low" -i1"High"

#418 -t2 -s1"X axis Pulse signal Electric Level" -m2 -min=0.000 -max=1.000 -i0"Low" -i1"High"
    #419 -t2 -s1"Y axis Pulse signal Electric Level" -m2 -min=0.000 -max=1.000 -i0"Low" -i1"High"
    #420 -t2 -s1"Z axis Pulse signal Electric Level" -m2 -min=0.000 -max=1.000 -i0"Low" -i1"High"
    #421 -t2 -s1"A axis Pulse signal Electric Level" -m0 -min=0.000 -max=1.000 -i0"Low" -i1"High"

Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 31-10-2016 at 03:50 PM.

My CNC PC is W7, you'd need your bumps felt to think W10 is a good idea, I'd use Windows 10 if my intention was to develop an unreliable system to prove a negative, ditto unproven external controllers :-)
    My CNC System mains supply is via a huge UPS, I bought it with no batteries for £40 and it now runs off a couple of external car batteries ;-)
    I haven't had a job stop unexpectedly for 6 to 8 months, the last issue was a broken limit switch wire :D

I believe these boxes offer the huge advantages of not needing a PC/OS/CNC Software, new users will be able to buy one, connect it and simply use it - that's great! It will enable the "Maker Generation" without requiring them to read around the subject and understand their system before they use it.

Reliability improvements will be realised by the unwise and unwary who don't already follow best practice with existing PC/OS/CNC Software/Hardware solutions, all the required information is in the manuals and on the support forum sites, just waiting to be read,

- Nick
    Last edited by magicniner; 31-10-2016 at 07:59 PM. Reason: It's unreliable, not unrelaible ;-)
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

My CNC computer is win7 32bit. I was talking about my main PC.

I had before 2x 1500W HP UPS, one here at home, other in the garage. Well, i payed extra 30-35 euro per month on top of my bill . Sold them for good price / new one was 500euro/ and 2 years without UPS. 24 months x 30 euro =700 euro less money wasted last 2 years.

As i said i am proving nothing Nick, just telling you the story as it is. I live in year 2016, so i have win10 on all my PCs including the laptops, my phone is Edge7 and if i had the money i would have been driving Tesla. What i am saying is i like latest stuff. That's one of the reasons i hated Mach3. It made me keep that nasty winXP.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Real life scenario today. Electricity stopped for a sec today, something with the fuse box or whatever. Flipped back the main interrupter at home, went to machine, hit "all go to 0" and after 3 min it was operational. It had not lost exact machine position .I had just to check if Z height is there correctly to be sure, as i have loaded 60 euro tool, All was there as it should be on place.
    Boyan don't get me wrong here I'm not trying to put you or the controller down here but this needs to be said and made clear for sake of others reading what you wrote and thinking it will work same for them when chances are it won't and here's why.?

What speed was the machine traveling when power failed.? The law of physics dictates that inertia will make the axis continue on for some unknown distance if travleing at resonable velocity. So unless you have absolute encoders or Glass linear scales on the axis you will have lost position.

Now in your case you have Servo's which more than likely will have incremental encoders which don't retain there position when power is lost so they have not had any affect on keeping position. These controllers Also don't have positional feed back so equally it has no Clue to where the axis was when power failed.

So the fact you got back into position as nothing to do with the controller and everything to do with the fact your using servos which can accurately home. Probably using the encoder if using index pulse for homing.?
    Steppers or Servo if traveling at any resonable feedrate position will be lost if poiwer fails. The function of getting back into Exact position as nothing to do with controller and everything thing to do with the HOME sensing type, be that encoder index or Home Switch.

This is no different to any other Controller be that PC based or Stand alone. The only exception is if your Encoders are absolute type or have Glass linear scales in which case the Servo drives are doing the work not the controller.

I must get some of these encoders as I get lost on the way back from the crapper ?
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    My CNC computer is win7 32bit. I was talking about my main PC.

I had before 2x 1500W HP UPS, one here at home, other in the garage. Well, i payed extra 30-35 euro per month on top of my bill
    My home UPS is in my hallway so the "waste energy" will only be wasted when the weather is warm enough to require no heating in the house, my workshop UPS will be similarly helping to keep the chill off.
    I only worry about quiescent and standby energy usage once the area where the appliances reside is warm enough not to require heating ;-)

- Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

I must get some of these encoders as I get lost on the way back from the crapper ?
    Well when you find your way back go from crapper check your emails I need your expertise.!

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information