. .
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
    You can change any parameter on screen. But you can have a setup file at the same time, that can just be loaded. So both things work perfectly and cover different scenarios.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    You can change any parameter on screen. But you can have a setup file at the same time, that can just be loaded. So both things work perfectly and cover different scenarios.
    So how is parameter #115 dealt with (I am beginning to think the manual is telling lies) ?

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    So how is parameter #115 dealt with (I am beginning to think the manual is telling lies) ?
    Whats this #115? i cant see it in manual and my machine is busy for a couple of hours so i can not stop it now to look for it.

But as i said, you either input it manually or upload a text file. Thats it
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 28-12-2017 at 01:09 PM.

I dont see any reason messing with uploading, except if you are a machine producer and upload the same file to a bunch of machines

Quote Originally Posted by AlexDoran View Post
    Hi,

Yes i figured it out. You have to wire it as the manual, however the VFD is slightly strange as you have to ground both the ACM & DCM (Analogue & Digital Grounds) to each other. A bizarre occurrence to me, not sure what the Chinese logic is behind it but it works. I can now control the M3/M5 commands and set the speed from the DDCSV1.1.

Alex
    Hey Alex.

Just wanted to thank you for this post, as I was struggling to get my Huanyang VFD to run at the speed I am setting from Aspire.
    I managed to get it turning on and off at the start and finish of a job all ok, but the speed setting didn't work and it just ran to max.
    Connecting the DCM and ACM together via a simple wire fixed it, so thank you.

Ian

Not strange logic really (for once!) It makes sense if you think that some controllers have separate power supplies for analogue and digital outputs. For example, this allows you to use the DC output from the VFD to supply the analogue output circuitry in the controller. A lot of cheaper BOBs only have a 5V supply for the digital side of things and need an external supply of 12V or so for the analogue output. And after all, it just needs an extra wire to make it all work with a common ground! The info is on the circuit diagram, although it doesn't leap out at you and I don't think that there is anything specific about it in the HY manual text.

No problem at all glad that its working :D

Alex

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlexDoran For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    It is mentioned in the 2.1 manual here:
    http://www.nvcnc.net/pdf/NVCNC_DDCSV2_EN.pdf

There are also a couple of new parameters there as well.

[/ranton] HOWEVER why in the name of Babbage does the version 2.1 manual still use screen shots of an ancient 1.1 version that does not even show the Machine co-ordinates? Are they taking the piss out of us!!
    [/rantoff]

Ah thats better

Will ( a very mad modder)

Having read this thread from end to end (ignoring a lot of the ranting and raving) I have a serious question about tool probing.

I have seen the video showing probing working as expecetd (!!)

It is not working for me.

I have tried to understand the parameters involved:

Parameter #68 Has 3 value 0 Disabled, 1: Mode 1, 2: Mode 2. Anyone have a definition of what these mean?

Parameter #69 Thickness: Ok I understand this one (But I though there was a reference to the controller measuring the tool sensor height)

Parameter #70 Signal Level: Again OK

Parameter #71 Initial Tool Position: If set to 1 machine heads off to Machine Home (as set in MACH workspace) If set to 0 nothing happens in X and Y.

Params #72, 73, 74 Define offsets from the Machine Home if #71 == 1

Parameter #75 sets the retract distance after probing. Understood but as probing doesn't work ...

Todays experiment:

Fit a simple touch plate and wire it in.

Confirm that if #68 == 0 nothing happens.

Set #68 to 1 and 2 and see what happens!

In either mode 1 or 2 state, On starting the probe cycles, it descends slowly, touches the touch plate, pauses and then retracts in the Z+ direction very slowly and then it never stops!!

Totally different behavious to the video where after the contact and brief pause the tool quickly rises to the retract distance.

Please help what am I doing wrong?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Will_D For This Useful Post:

So I have been looking at probe.nc as installed

Attached is the original version (with Chinese comments)

Unbelievably I managed to translate the Chinese!!

https://www.google.ie/search?q=chine...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Attatched is the English version

No wonder the spindle rise to infinity and beyond: "G91 G01 Z1000 F5"

@Boyan and Benedikt: Is this the same file as on your working system??
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Will_D; 07-02-2018 at 01:57 PM.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread Information