. .
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Lack of memory is also another issue. Even the higher spec controller is memory limited. 32Mb or even 64mb isn't enough for Large 3D programs and will require DNC to drip feed the code. For some 32Mb may seem plenty but I can tell you some the people I help have 3d files in the Gb's. Pauses or temp locks while dripping code, even if position is not lost, is problem on 3D surface because it leaves mark which wreck the job or at best cause extra work hand finishing.
    Dripping from USB isn't always reliable and RS232 just defeats the point of stand alone Controller. All these things have to be tested and influence the final outcome.!! . . . . Unfortunately again we are back to Cracking open the Good or Bad Egg.? . . . Could smell sweet or Stink like John's week old under crackers. .
    I start to feel after reading a coupler of control manuals that its important what speed USB pen drive or card is fitted there, hence they sell the controller with certain USB card .

What you make of that / that's the 1000 series controller/:

l Be able to process up to 1000 blocks of program per second, which makes the high-speed & mini-line cutting available.
    l Equipped with U-disk port through which CNC systems provide the following functions: store and recover systems’ software and machining data, perform DNC machining by executing a program in U-disks.

U disc must be USB disc/ In Chinglish/
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    I start to feel after reading a coupler of control manuals that its important what speed USB pen drive or card is fitted there, hence they sell the controller with certain USB card .

What you make of that / that's the 1000 series controller/:

l Be able to process up to 1000 blocks of program per second, which makes the high-speed & mini-line cutting available.
    l Equipped with U-disk port through which CNC systems provide the following functions: store and recover systems’ software and machining data, perform DNC machining by executing a program in U-disks.

U disc must be USB disc/ In Chinglish/
    Boyan I never assume anything.! . . . More important I take what is written with pinch of salt, esp if written by the Chinese.! Which is why I have box full of cards etc.

When I get hold of the controller and fitted to working machine I'll give report back.

To answer your question from before the reason for the 1000 series was because I asked for controller best suited to Router and this was recommended.

Hi folks,

Today i managed to make a short video of very interesting combination. DIY CNC +ESTL CAM trochoidal path + HSMAdvisor + DDSCV1.1 motion controller .

Mind me that it's first the time ever i use trochoidal toolpath, am testing the vacuum fixture and the board at the same time. So i was a bit afraid and limited the plunge rate, so i could react, cause i had the camera at my left hand. Thats why at the moment of entering the program i was trying to make sure i do not make a mistake.

All was perfectly calculated by HSMAdviser and executed by ETSL Cam. Thumbs up to the makers of these 2 programs. Look at that nice chips. So CAM +motion control here together cost less than 200 euro. At the moment ESTL cam starts showing properly the toolpaths as a list - as any normal program, I will be extremely happy to say:" Why pay more for Vectric?" . Even so its an excellent program. If only for the V carving and the Trochoidal toolpaths.

So i am more than happy. Freud 2 flute 19mm bit, 11mm depth pocket, then full depth 19mm profile . Both at 16000mm/min feed 5.8% or 27.8% degrees HSM width of cut

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HSm wood.PNG 
Views:	520 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	19267

I was really excited to see the machine move and cut so smoothly at 16000mm/min, i dont know if you will get to feel it from the video, but it was super smooth. Mass of gantry is around 200kg!

OK. here is the video. I show how the board copes with probing also. Lower the volume and enjoy, when you feel bored from watching the pocketing, at min 7:15 start the slotting at full depth:

Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 24-09-2016 at 04:32 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

That looks very good Boyan.Must admit I have been looking at some of the videos from ESTL Cam.
    John S -

I switched from cambam to estlcam and for what I do its brilliant.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

UCCNC next

Again hardly any information other than a video of threading with a felt tipped pan. The hardware manual is 21 pages long 19 of which tell you how to connect it up to the ethernet port, [ is it THAT hard ? and if it is WHY ? ]
    I'm moving from Mach3 to UCCNC for my next router, and just got my UC300ETH the other day. Connecting to the ethernet was very simple. Just go into the adaptor settings on the PC, and enter the UC300 address (10.10.10.10) and subnet. That was all I had to do to connect.

TP from the Mach3 forum is pushing CNC Drive to bring UCCNC to be comparable to Mach3 feature wise. It's already close, and getting better with each release.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    I'm moving from Mach3 to UCCNC for my next router, and just got my UC300ETH the other day. Connecting to the ethernet was very simple. Just go into the adaptor settings on the PC, and enter the UC300 address (10.10.10.10) and subnet. That was all I had to do to connect.

TP from the Mach3 forum is pushing CNC Drive to bring UCCNC to be comparable to Mach3 feature wise. It's already close, and getting better with each release.
    What breakout board with it? Their own or sth 24VDC?

I've got the UC300 in an M44 motherboard from CNC4PC, and I'll be using their C62 breakout board which works with 24V inputs. If needed I can add an additional 24V input and output board (M27/M28 I think).
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

What is the cost of that lot ?
    John S -

The UC300, M44 and C62 is about $370 US. The other two boards are an additional $40 each.
    The UCCNC license was free with an introductory offer on the UC300ETH until Oct 15, or the first batch runs out.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information