. .
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    That's very true Jazz but you and me are in it for different reasons.
    The punter who doing his own machine and is prepared to take a chance doesn't have these expenses.
    100% Agree John and like been said horse for courses. People I deal with come to me because they are not technical and just want the machine to work then keep working.
    They'd rather pay little extra for the luxury of not having break downs and to be honest I'd rather make little less money than have to go back to fix. Also and More importantly to me I don't have unhappy users.

Like I've repeatedly said and contrary to what Boyan probably thinks I'm not calling these controllers rubbish or unfit for purpose. Neither am I saying to anyone don't buy one.
    What I am saying is be fully aware of what your buying into and in this last little head butt session with Boyan stop Bull shitting people with false claims which cannot be true.

I'll have one soon and then the like we say in MotoX "When the Gate drops the Bullshit stops" so lets see what happens. .

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    My CNC computer is win7 32bit. I was talking about my main PC.

I had before 2x 1500W HP UPS, one here at home, other in the garage. Well, i payed extra 30-35 euro per month on top of my bill . Sold them for good price / new one was 500euro/ and 2 years without UPS. 24 months x 30 euro =700 euro less money wasted last 2 years.

As i said i am proving nothing Nick, just telling you the story as it is. I live in year 2016, so i have win10 on all my PCs including the laptops, my phone is Edge7 and if i had the money i would have been driving Tesla. What i am saying is i like latest stuff. That's one of the reasons i hated Mach3. It made me keep that nasty winXP.
    No, Mach3 does not force you to keep the old WinXP, using UCCNC controllers you can actually run it on both W7 64 and also W10 64. I gave up on XP a long time ago and with W7 I always used 64 bits versions. Now I am using W10 and UC300ETH with Mach3, as well as with UCCNC.

Re. the UPS, why would you need to pay €30-35 per month for it? Mine is a one time cost when I am buying and when I need to replace the battery. Otherwise it is just the charging, but that is certainly not that expensive.

BTW, charging a Tesla takes too long time... Not yet suitable for holiday trips (demands strict and careful planning and short trips or long "petrol station" stops) and is a bit too expensive for work commuting.
    Last edited by A_Camera; 02-11-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Ok my 4 axis controller V2.1 as arrived and straight off the bat just reading manual I can see limitation. The 4th axis can only be set to Pulse/Degree not Pulse/MM so limited to 3 axis Linear movement.

Also I'm struggling to see anyway settings or references to how it can change tools.! There are Tool offset parameters so I'm summising there must be way but it's not obvious.
    Even got into the setup files and translated the Chinese. I can just about workout what the files are doing but can't see anything relating to changing tools so I'm little concerned it can't do it.!! . . . Well not in the conventional sense ie: M6 macro. Without full list of controller internal parameters can't see if one could be assigned to the job.?

Oh and can't believe how small this thing is it's Tiny.!!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 05-11-2016 at 01:37 AM.

This below works for changing tools / generated by ESTLCAM/, cant remember if it stopped the spindle?

(No. 2: Part 1)
    M05
    M00 (Change tool: End mill 6mm 2 flute)
    M03
    G00 X-26.2834 Y7.9139 Z5.0000
    G00 X-25.5448 Y7.7836 Z0.5250
    G01 X-25.6339 Y7.5389 Z0.5000 F1200 S18000
    G01 X-25.7089 Y7.4318 Z0.4750
    G01 X-25.8013 Y7.3393 Z0.4433
    G01 X-25.9084 Y7.2644 Z0.4000

Unfortunately it seems its unaware of the M06 command. Bellow the code is generated from Aspire / G code ATC/ . What it does is Stop but does not stop spindle. I stop it manually, Zero new tool and switch spindle on/ not sure if necessary/ and continue.

X-22.665Y0.653
    X-22.656Y0.325
    X-22.653Y0.000
    G0Z5.000
    M0
    M06T2
    G43H2
    S16000M03
    G0X-26.500Y-25.000Z5.000
    G1Z-1.000F762.0
    G1Y25.000F1524.0
    X-26.497Y25.098
    X-26.487Y25.197
    X-26.470Y25.298
    X-26.446Y25.400
    X-26.414Y25.502

If you can not find a way to switch that A axis to pulse per mm, then that must be the reality then. Not slaving. 2 motors per axis hardware wired, the way you don't like it. As it works it's not a problem for me.

Anyway, that's one of the reasons i gave up with this board. Can not find the programmer to do what i want and fix stuff like this? Then sell you board 1 by 1 from China. I am not interested in more than using it.

But FIY the macros and other stuff is defined in the slib file / nand folder. Unfortunately in Chinese and unfortunately it does not show like Chinese but rfunny greek characters, so i was not able to translate it.

part from that file:

(G12 I)
    O9012
    G91 G01 X#494
    G02 X0 I-#494
    G01 X-#494
    M99

(G13 I)
    O9013
    G91 G01 X#494
    G03 X0 I-#494
    G01 X-#494
    M99

(G81 X Y Z R K)
    O9081
    (#1-#3¼Ç¼ָÁʼʱµ¶¾ß¹¤¼þ×ø±ê)
    #1=#451
    #2=#452
    #3=#453
    IF #450LT0 GOTO1;Åбð¾ø¶Ô×ø±ê±à³Ìģʽ»¹ÊÇÔöÁ¿×ø±ê·½Ê½
    (Çó³öRƽÃæZ×ø±ê#4ºÍ¿×µ×Z×ø±ê#5£¬ÒÔ¼°X¡¢YÑ*»·µÝÔö¾à Àë#6,#7)
    #4=#497
    #5=#490
    #6=#488-#1
    #7=#489-#2
    GOTO2
    N1 #4=#3+#497
    #5=#3+#490
    #6=#488
    #7=#489
    (ÒÀ¾Ý¹Ì¶¨Ñ*»·Í˵¶Ö¸ÁîÒÔ¼°#3Óë#4µÄλÖùØϵÇó³öÍ˵¶µ ãZ×ø±ê#8)
    N2 IF [#449LT0]*[#4LT#3] GOTO3
    #8=#4
    GOTO4
    N3 #8=#3
    (#11¼Ç¼Ñ*»·´ÎÊýK)
    N4 #11=#496
    IF #11>0 GOTO6
    #11=1
    (ZÖá¿ìËÙ½ø¸øµ½Rµã)
    N6 IF #4LT#3 GOTO5
    G90G00Z#4
    (Ñ*»·´¦Àí)
    N5 WHILE#11>0DO13
    G91G00X#6Y#7;XY¿ìËÙ½ø¸øµ½¿×λ´¦
    G90G00Z#4;Z¿ìËÙ½ø¸øµ½Rµã
    G90G01Z#5;ZÒÔÇÐÏ÷ËÙ¶È×êÖÁ¿×µ×λÖÃ
    G90G00Z#4;Z¿ìËÙ̧Éýµ½RλÖÃ
    #11=#11-1;Ñ*»·´ÎÊýµÝ¼õ
    END13
    G90G00Z#8;Z¿ìËÙ̧Éýµ½#8λÖÃ
    M99

(G82 X Y Z R K P)
    O9082
    #9=#484
    IF #9>0 GOTO6
    #9=1
    (#1-#3¼Ç¼ָÁʼʱµ¶¾ß¹¤¼þ×ø±ê)
    N6#1=#451
    #2=#452
    #3=#453
    IF #450LT0 GOTO1;Åбð¾ø¶Ô×ø±ê±à³Ìģʽ»¹ÊÇÔöÁ¿×ø±ê·½Ê½
    (Çó³öRƽÃæZ×ø±ê#4ºÍ¿×µ×Z×ø±ê#5£¬ÒÔ¼°X¡¢YÑ*»·µÝÔö¾à Àë#6,#7)
    #4=#497
    #5=#490
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

This below works for changing tools / generated by ESTLCAM/, cant remember if it stopped the spindle?

(No. 2: Part 1)
    M05
    M00 (Change tool: End mill 6mm 2 flute)
    M03
    Not really tool change that it's just stopping the code. There must be way to do this correctly thru macros and/or controller parameters so can call offsets etc without having to mess around writing Cam post processors just for this controller. If not then it's Doomed to the box under bench straight away.!!

I've been thru all the files and translated them and can't see any param's or Code relating to tool changing. Here's the files translated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

The way a macro for probe is written, same should be done for a tool change. Nobody has done it. I don't know if it can be cross figured what all the numbers mean, without any additional documentation.

Apart from that I have from manufacturer latest install with what i believe to be the latest firmware separately. Now i need somebody who knows FPGA and ARM, maybe programming also.

As i said manual tool change works without a problem. But real tool change? I believe its possible but not without rewriting some portions of controllers software. ATC-could be done by triggering one of the outputs and then separate PLC programmed to do the job.

If they were not so secretive who they are, i would have already made them to correct these things.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

The way a macro for probe is written, same should be done for a tool change. Nobody has done it. I don't know if it can be cross figured what all the numbers mean, without any additional documentation.
    Those numbers are parameter variables/constants and It would be relatively easy if they provided the full parameter list for the controller.
    However it looks like doesn't recognise the M6 command which is commonly used for toolchange so would need dedicated post processor writing this controller.

Regards the ATC and PLC well why not go one further and just do away with this controller and use PLC Motion Controller.? It defeats the point and no longer cheap controller.
    Also still need some way to call and wait for the PLC to do it's work then return to main. M6 would still be used for this. The PLC just handles all the I/O and timing critical stuff but still at some point needs stop hand back to G-code so it's not simple just turning On an Output Boyan.!

If these controllers are to be usable they need to follow standards correctly and they clearly don't. States it follows Fanuc standard so why doesn't M6 work.?
    Should not have to be writing dedicated Post processor's if it follows Fanuc.?

I'll dig deep and see what turns up but to be fair I'm not getting that nice warm fuzzy feeling I like with new hardware.!!!

Regards the 4th axis then Yes no option to select pulse/mm only pulse/degree or pulse/circle what ever that means.?
    And I'd rather stick my Johnson in the mains socket before run machine with two signals sticking into one Motor Output.!! . . . . . Just because it appears to be working doesn't mean it's working correctly.!

Taking this to ridiculous extreams using your method would suggest I could run several identical machines, say 6 machines with just one 3 axis controller each pulling signal from same Motor Output.!! . . . . . Wonder why industry haven't figured this out yet.?
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 05-11-2016 at 11:36 AM.

To my limited understanding and very over-full grey matter, the actual running of G-Code for cutting using DIY CNC often involves all of the following with the potential for incompatibilities and failure-points:

• PC,
    • Windows/Linux,
    • Mach3,
    • Cabling whether Ethernet or EPP or USB,
    • Bob,
    • External Motion Controller

Just the thought of being able to simplify and replace all this with an offline motion controller and a USB stick is extremely appealing to this novice. So I'm following all the discussion on this thread with massive interest, many thanks to all of you from down under!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    And I'd rather stick my Johnson in the mains socket before run machine with two signals sticking into one Motor Output.!! . . . . . Just because it appears to be working doesn't mean it's working correctly.!

Taking this to ridiculous extreams using your method would suggest I could run several identical machines, say 6 machines with just one 3 axis controller each pulling signal from same Motor Output.!! . . . . . Wonder why industry haven't figured this out yet.?
    IMO I don't see a problem driving two or more motors from one output, providing the output is capable of providing the milliamps required, I have done this several times without any problems. Most drivers have opto inputs and are isolated from each other, have even used two driver inputs in series on occasion. Since these controllers are digital, they process things sequentially so two seperate outputs are likely to be seperated in time (admittedly very short) which is not the case with using a common output for two motors.

I see videos of multiple headed machines carving many identical models simultaneously, it would not surprise me if they were driven from common outputs.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsattuk View Post
    IMO I don't see a problem driving two or more motors from one output, providing the output is capable of providing the milliamps required, I have done this several times without any problems.
    Did you ever bother to put scope on them and check the timings.? Most that are using the setup just presume it's working correctly because cycle times are relatively short and they don't see any obvious error but that doesn't mean it's not there. Try this with large 3D job that runs for 20+hrs and these tiny timing errors start to show.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsattuk View Post
    I see videos of multiple headed machines carving many identical models simultaneously, it would not surprise me if they were driven from common outputs.
    Most of these don't have independent heads they are just one large Z axis and often numatics come into play as well. Those that do will have dedicated outputs, or at least those I've seen have had.
    I look after large Italian stone profiling/polishing machine used for counter tops which has 8 heads. 4 each side running on there own dedicated outputs. Each running on servos with Bespoke controller with built in PLC for controlling 86 I/O used for numatic claps etc.

While it can do different job each side mostly it Basicly just mirrors the other and would be perfect candicate for the sharing approach but they don't.! . . . . Sure if sharing outputs didn't have any affect they would take this approach.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information