. .
Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
    HI,

After being looking at various controllers at the end i decided to test some of the offline ones. Started with one of the cheap ones. As you can imagine it would be great to forget about Windows if possible. So i decided to overview it "officially" here, hopefully sb could find that helpful.

DDSCV1.1, 3 and 4 axis. / note that in the 3 axis version you can not change any axis to rotational , but the 4rth axis variant, has a rotational axis option for A/

Mistakenly bought the 3 axis version / if sb wants that one , PM me/ . I have read the MANUAl from page one to end very carefully and apart from some small questions all looks well.

And yes, i will connect my 2 long axis to one of the controller axis or just one of them and control the other from the servo itself . Will see about that.

Here was the most extensive info in English i found till now

OK. So it arrived.

-Price paid 165$ for the 3 axis version
    -nicely packed
    -looks nice

According to me if one knows what he is doing it could be a perfectly self sufficient control for great price. It has spindle control, probing, software limits, separate axis homing, separate axis zeroing, etc.

Instead of writing novels, i made a video overview of it:

Part one, ~20 min introduction, basic functions and settings

Part 2, running program test

Prt 3 / still to film, when i have more time will set it on my big machine, connect all and see how it moves, homes and so on in real life, otherwise all above is pointless/
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 15-09-2016 at 07:25 AM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Hi, could you open the case and get a photo of the PCB, I am very interested in seeing the difference between the 4 Axis, if any. There is no problem driving two stepper drivers from one axis. The X on my router has two motors and I use two separate drivers from the X axis signals.
    Last edited by Joules; 15-09-2016 at 09:59 AM.

here is the photo of the board:
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 07-10-2019 at 05:07 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Thanks, thats just the picture I needed.

These controllers are going to be a game changer for the many people sat on the fence telling themselves CNC is too hard to get into.
    John S -

These look great, what Lathe/Mill Post Processor is required to generate code for them?

Most similar things I've seen claim "Standard G-Code" but then don't mention which easily available Post Processors produce "Standard G-Code" as all the PPs I've found have a manufacturer/machine/controller designation.

Mach3 developers had the good grace to work close to a standard for a popular industrial controller rather than a paper standard to which no manufacturer quite adheres.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    These controllers are going to be a game changer for the many people sat on the fence telling themselves CNC is too hard to get into.
    Never underestimate the incapability of the masses, there's still all those scary wires to connect ;-)

- Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    These look great, what Lathe/Mill Post Processor is required to generate code for them?

Most similar things I've seen claim "Standard G-Code" but then don't mention which easily available Post Processors produce "Standard G-Code" as all the PPs I've found have a manufacturer/machine/controller designation.

Mach3 developers had the good grace to work close to a standard for a popular industrial controller rather than a paper standard to which no manufacturer quite adheres.

Never underestimate the incapability of the masses, there's still all those scary wires to connect ;-)

- Nick

That's the big question before jumping to conclusions

What i found till now:

- Post processor for mach3 definitely does not work, as you could see in second video it runs away from the job coordinates. Who cares, me not. I could save my programs again in the proper format

-It doe not recognise manual tool change code also. So jobs have to be split. Not big deal

-Does not recognise G20 and G21, so program must be in mm to begin with. No problem so far.

-Will run properly G code as of the Gcode and fanuc output from Aspire. Though program was simple. / See video2/ .

As i have not connected it yet to a machine i can not say more. But there is a good chance that all goes fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    -It doe not recognise manual tool change code also.
    Does it support a Tool Changer/Turret etc. ?
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

This is a basic controller. The much more expensive Chinese controllers not only do all but close the loop also, at least the most expensive ones, which makes them really industrial

funny, i see now that it supports G20 and G21 but when i was testing it ?, so maybe i made a mistake somehow with the file. Will check again

That's what it supports.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g code 1.PNG 
Views:	920 
Size:	201.4 KB 
ID:	19199Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g code 2.PNG 
Views:	822 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	19200

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Does it support a Tool Changer/Turret etc. ?

No and neither does Mach 3 or LinuxCNC without 3rd party boards and a load of tossing about.

They are basically a cheap foray into CNC without a PC, monitor, licenses etc and all the Mumbo Jumbo that Mach and Linux entail.
    John S -

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information