. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by superclarkey View Post
    I didn't say I didn't have the time to build it, but didn't want to start from scratch researching every single aspect l if people can offer help in the right direction.
    Nor did I, I offered the right direction, you missed it.

I know in mechanically terms what is required and I don't know where the best place is to get the parts so was again hoping for advice.
    You should/could have said that's what you wanted, I'm not a mind reader.

there has to be common parts people use or software people thing is the best etc.

i wanted experienced advice, reading people's blogs where they are learning them selfs also doesn't mean it's the best way of going about things etc, how do I know who is doing it right or wrong? I don't know enough to make an educated desision right now, so means I have to learn everything so that I can form that opinion.
    Yea there is, you can see them repeatedly shown and discussed in the build logs of others, you just have to look, read, then look again, obvious I know.

I pointed you to it, you missed it.

Typically people running a build log have done the learning already, have a plan of action and so on. Some of the learning takes place in the other non build log discussions I pointed you to, when they start doing something wrong, experienced advice gets posted to help them in the right direction.

Bummer, I guess your never going to be in a postion to form that opinion then, what with you not having the time to research everything, so you can learn everything.

i was pointed to this forum and maybe I expected that I would be offered some advice, but being told to basically go do a "search" or "buy one new" wasn't what I needed to hear lol (kinda obvious :-p )
    You got what you expected, the problem was in your request, it was vague, contradictory, confused. As such I gave you what I could based on what you gave me, sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear but the advice is there, you missed it.

thanks anyways, i won't give up on this just looks like I'll have to do it the hard way which I was trying to avoid :-)
    Np, good you shouldn't give up, it can be fun and rewarding but like I said, requires investment.

I asked for advice not a hug lol its a typical non helpful forum response "google it" instead of actually helping, I have already done allot of the ground work just wanted to know best places to look for stuff, lol, even purchased the hypertherm 45.

i help people each day, and give allot of my own person time to help people, i try and educate and give sound advice, that's what I joined a forum like this for, I didn't realise I had to work it all out first then ask about it hehe

anyways sorry I posted asking, the forum that sent me he was so helpful and advice was great, so I'll get my coat :-)
    How rude! and even more full of confusion then your first post, like i said above, you got out, what you put in, if "google it" is the definition you would put on what I offered you as advice, then you wont be getting any more help from me! Try looking deeper than just the words I used.

Yea so do I, so do allot of us here, what do you want a hug?, your lucky you even got a reply from me given my life at the moment and here you are talking about my reply like you even know me and that others cant read it for themselves, who do you think you are rubbishing my effort like that.

So much for "greatly appreciated".

If you've done all the so called groundwork, what advice exactly is it your looking for? Ohh wait you said, you just need purchasing advice, DOH! if only your first post had said that to start with!!!

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    I cant remember your exact wording of your post here but to me it smacked of tell me what to buy and where because I cant be bothered to do any research.
    Not a single mention of buying or purchasing in it Neil, if only it had of been that clear.

your right though I should have outlined how much I already knew and that I wasn't looking for the basics etc, just looking to start buying the bits and what to buy
    I cant understand why you didn't if that's all you needed, would have been so much easier.

when you are not helped with constructive information
    I hope you plasma right through the main structure of the machine and it ends up as a pile of sections on the floor

.Me
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 19-09-2016 at 07:51 PM. Reason: i heart cake
    .Me

Thread Information