. .
    Evening All,

First time poster long time lurker :) so be gentle

I have decided to get one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-3020T-...0AAOSwdIFX139b Hope it is OK to post link to item.

Aside from the fact that i am very nervous from spending this much on a machine /company i know very little about, and it seems to be very much 50/50 for good / bad experiences from using this machine on the this forum, it is something i can, and will enjoy - so before i talk myself out of it again for another month could someone address my final concern.

POWER!

it shows a picture on the control box with a 220V AC given we are 240v in the UK is this going to go pop if i plug it in without a step voltage transformer? or am i going to be OK?

If someone would be kind enough to confirm either way i would be very grateful and might even hit the order button ..!!

Many thanks in advance

Kind Regards
    Sherpa

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Welcome to the forum Sherpa.
    The power will be ok for the mains. But you are being optimistic regarding the 50/50 I would put it at 0.5/99.5 do you have an idea what you want to do with this as they do make a good doorstop when they break down in a few weeks. Sorry to put a dampener on it just make sure you understand what you are buying.
    Last edited by Clive S; 22-09-2016 at 08:41 AM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

HI Clive,

Thanks for the reply - i have decided to build my own i think A)I have the skills to do it, and i would enjoy building one B)This forum and the clever / helpful people have inspired me to build something C) at least i will have the pleasure of working out what is wrong with my build than getting annoyed that a pre "built" one is not working after shelling out £££'s

so time to put pen to paper coffee and search the build logs :)

Sherpa

Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa View Post
    HI Clive,

Thanks for the reply - i have decided to build my own i think A)I have the skills to do it, and i would enjoy building one B)This forum and the clever / helpful people have inspired me to build something C) at least i will have the pleasure of working out what is wrong with my build than getting annoyed that a pre "built" one is not working after shelling out £££'s

Sherpa
    Good on you Sherpa. Take your time , get it right and build a great machine you will be happy with

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherpa View Post
    HI Clive,

Sherpa
    Ok that's great. Start a build log to keep all the questions in one place. Also it has been said many times don't buy any electronics until you have your design sorted, you can also copy designs that you find on here and adapt them to your wishes. So get drawing in CAD keep to a size that you can cope with and decide what you want to cut with it.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hi Sherpa,

As always you can check out a few of the finished ones in the link below:
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10066...s-picture-menu

Plus lots more in the build log area:
    http://www.mycncuk.com/forums/253-DIY-Router-Build-Logs
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Thread Information