. .
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.4.jpg 
Views:	603 
Size:	887.0 KB 
ID:	19268Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.5.jpg 
Views:	576 
Size:	798.0 KB 
ID:	19269Click image for larger version. 

Name:	untitled.6.jpg 
Views:	536 
Size:	547.4 KB 
ID:	19270

first of i would like to thank you guys especially a few certain people because i knew nothing about cnc and ive learned alot and still enjoy learning more and more everyday. i will be updating new pictures on this thread from drawings to practical.

cutting area of 8x4 sheets of all types of wood and some cases of plastics. frame is made up of 90x90x5mm box sections and will be all welded and bolted to floor.
    The 2 box sections that the gantry is sat on are 100x100x10mm, gantry is roughly 70kg with 20mm aluminium plates all round. x axis are 3000mm r2525 ball screws both sides with rotating nuts both on nema 23 3nm 840oz motors. the y axis is running on 2010 screws 1450mm running with another nema 23 3nm 840oz. The z axis is 450mm with total travel height of 200mm on a 1610 screw and all axis on dual linear profile rails.

as for electrics so far im going to use em806 drivers so any tips on whats the best power supply to get to run those steppers at best performance?

looking forward to good and bad crits.

Ash

Ash Look closely at the gantry and you'll see common Gotcha.??? ( 2 exam points deducted If I got to tell ya . .Lol)

Also I'd add lower rail between the diagoinal braces it will stiffen the frame for when being moved etc.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 24-09-2016 at 10:04 PM.

are you talking about bearings not flush with the rails? and thanks Dean ill add those supports on frame.

Ash

Quote Originally Posted by reefy86 View Post
    are you talking about bearings not flush with the rails? and thanks Dean ill add those supports on frame.

Ash
    No keep looking. Getting warm thou
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 24-09-2016 at 10:19 PM.

I would put the Z axis within the footprint of the gantry, by swapping the end cheeks over. I just puts the forces on the X axis slides acting downwards with gravity and cutting not putting twisting forces on the gantry. Also you could reduce the floorspace of the machine, without reducing the cutting area.

Cheers,

Rob

is it the fixed bearing blocks on z axis? if it is im sure someone said to have the blocks fixed and the rails moving. im still looking though lol

thanks rob, ill alter them now and Dean i take it thats what you were pointing at :)

Stab in the dark how are you going to access the bearing blocks bolts under the gantry
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Stab in the dark how are you going to access the bearing blocks bolts under the gantry
    2 points to Clive. .

Aw c'mon Dean and Clive, you just use a very short hex key

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information