. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey there,

I think i bumped into an interesting dust separator while browsing the tube , that i would like to share with you.

I have this older variant mounted on top of 200l steel barrel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	41JYplOYi9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg 
Views:	782 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	19278

Works pretty well but as recently i make a lot of dust per day, 93-97% efficiency translates as 5-6 times i have to clean my shop vacuum cleaner until i fill the 200l barrel in which i could pack 100kg and more of dust. cause 5% of 100kg is 5kg of fine dust that escapes the dust trap.

Most videos show how it captures 1kg and the result is great. They should really do a test after 1 day 8h nonstop work.

So i started to look and see if there is sth new on the horizon last years. It seems there is. 2 models more:

Name:	HTB1qMYXNpXXXXb4XFXXq6xXFXXXe.jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	19279Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HTB1Rw_sNpXXXXaWXXXXq6xXFXXXV.jpg 
Views:	466 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	19280Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HTB1ZFFkMpXXXXb8aXXXq6xXFXXXe.jpg 
Views:	1296 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	19281

They seem smoother curved and maybe a bit more efficient.

But then i found maybe even a better idea.

Here is the video:

Here are the photos of his prototype:

Name:	1_SEPARATOR_AND_VAC.jpg 
Views:	613 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	19276 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2_SEPARATOR_PERSPECTIVE_SIDE_VIEW.jpg 
Views:	679 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	19271 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3_SEPARATOR_BOTTOM_VIEW_WITH_BARRIER_IN_PLACE.jpg 
Views:	703 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	19272 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4_SEPARATOR_BOTTOM_VIEW_WITH_BARRIER_REMOVED.jpg 
Views:	711 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	19273 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5_SEPARATOR_MODIFIED_ON_TRASHCAN.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	19274 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6_SEPARATOR_MODIFIED_ON_TRASHCAN_CLOSE_UP.jpg 
Views:	649 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	19277 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7_SEPARATOR_MODIFIED_FOR_TRASHCAN_BOTTOM_VIEW.jpg 
Views:	607 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	19275

From the video even at first glance it looks better. I am quite into making myself one these days. It says centripetal forces, not centrifugal. I still dont get how that works though? The air is sucked like a fountain in the middle and the outer side of the waterfall pushes the dust to the walls? or sth like that.

Here is the original description from You tube:

" The fastest, most effective, and efficient dust collector ever made (sans a filter). The video shows a prototype device actually removing dandelion florets and down-feathers from a 60 mph air-stream to a wet/dry vacuum. This Patented device uses centripetal forces to rapidly (less than .02 second) remove debris from airflow between a debris source such as a woodshop power tool and a vacuum source such as a shop-vac. Prior devices rely on gravity to remove the debris from a cyclonic airflow, which can be very slow. Consequently, those devices are not very effective (remember, stuff goes up in a tornado, not down).

This device comprises a first chamber that is situated above and adjoins a second chamber. The first chamber is dome-shaped and has an upper centrally mounted output port that connects via a hose to a vacuum. The first chamber also has a downward and outward sloping sidewall such that debris-borne airflow entering through a tangential input port is centrifugally forced to the inner surface of the sloping sidewall. The debris is then centripetally forced downward into the second chamber through a 1-inch, 360-degree, peripheral opening between the lower edge of the sidewall and a disk-shaped barrier that's concentrically suspended by 3 equally spaced brackets. It should be noted the lower edge of the first chamber is configured to sealably fit the upper edge of the second chamber, which may simply be a bucket or a trash can. The first chamber functions to separate and efficiently remove the debris from the airflow while the second chamber functions to collect the debris. The first chamber is low-profile so it is less prone to tip over than previous dust collectors.

With an effective Dust Collector (Debris Separator) such as this, the vacuum's filter remains unclogged for longer periods and the vacuum itself runs efficiently longer. This saves the user time, money and frustration and also saves our landfills of superfluous waste (the shop-vac filters). "

So what do you think? It looks much lower height / the lid/ and much easier to make than DIY cyclone. I have to test this one and sooner the better. Anyone got a barbecue that needs replacing? :-)
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 25-09-2016 at 07:47 AM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Thread Information