Hi

Im trying to plan the building of a Cnc wire bending machine.

I'd like to build it using arduino, with stepper motor drivers and stepper motors. I could need 4 stepper motors.

I have no problems with mechanical side of things but I've never built a Cnc machine before.

I have used Cnc wire edm, Cnc milling machines, and 3d printers, I have some experience of directly inputting g code, but normally used a post processor.

Could anyone recommend software to run the machine.

Would I be better buying a kit from this site https://www.cnc4you.co.uk/CNC-Kits/Digital-Stepper-Kits

Thanks for any help or guidance.
    Regards
    Jeremy

Would I be better buying a kit from this site https://www.cnc4you.co.uk/CNC-Kits/Digital-Stepper-Kits
    This is a good company to buy the stepper from but in general kits are never matched it is better to buy drives like AM882 and use a non linear power supply. Software might be challenging to find so can't answer that.
    ..Clive

3. Why don't you just follow the instructions on the DiWire and start from there?

Would that be 3d or 2d?

Any 4 axis capable breakout board or a motion control could move 4 motors , from 10$ to 1000$. To narrow down, you will need to specify how many if any additional inputs, outputs? Way of communication? Programmable, offline, windows, linux, Mach3? etc.

But the way i see it, the cornerstone here will be: "who and how will translate 3d shapes to G code?"

If you could write your G code, or brake the shape into different parts each on its own plane and then combine...

If you would like to make a commercial machine for resale , your best bet is to write or pay sb to write a program that translates the shapes in G code for your machine. It should not be sth very complicated. At Freelancer i think for 500-100$ sb could do that for you.

But your best bet is to start from sth existing and build upon it- DiWire
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...