. .
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    You might not have any experience with Adc/Daq measurement technique, but i suspect you have a solid experience in a number of other things ;-)
    Yes, i'm quite satisfied with my choice. But is was baser on a lot of help from you guys :-)

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Yes works exactly like this.

M6 in G-code tells mach to turn on output #? and wait until input #? goes high or low then carry on with Job. The PLC is programmed to do the tool change when it sees Mach's output on it's input. Then when finished turn on it's Output which mach see's on it's Input. The shows goes on.!

Common for ATC's to use PLC for tool change. That said for ATC's which don't require massive amounts of I/O Macro works just as well. The Cslabs as plenty of I/O and don't think this ATC needs lots of I/O so don't see the point my self.

I think the guy who used the PLC will have done so because he didn't have enough I/O. This is one reason why the Cslabs are so good for retrofits because they come with plenty of I/O and can easily be increased without costing the earth.
    Wait, i just checked the price of said PLC is just 125$. And has additional IO boards for 45$. Even a motion controller 250 khz for 100$ more. So it seems for less than 300$ one could combine the cheapest Chinese controller i was testing with that PLC and retrofit a mill with ATC! That is great to know.
    By the way i found the way to stop and tool change in that controller
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Go for it then Boyan 😉

4. Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Go for it then Boyan
    Senior Guinea Pig!

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    What PLC are you looking at Boyan?
    Sometimes you have to use a PLC, and other times it just makes life a bit easier.
    Mach 3 only has a 10Hz refresh rate for Macros, which means any sort of ATC with critical timing can't be done directly. I used a PLC for the turret on my lathe, as the locking mechanism timing needs less than 50ms between sensing an input change and an output being activated, which wouldn't be possible with a Mach 3 macro.
    Mach 4 does have a faster refresh rate, but I'm not sure how fast it can react.
    However most ATCs on a Mill aren't that time critical. It's a just a relatively simple process cycle, with the biggest problem likely to be how long it takes. It's just a case of working out the required sequence of sensors and outputs.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Go for it then Boyan 
    I was just thinking aloud.

I know you have already made a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    Senior Guinea Pig!
    Is this some kind of British sense of humour or a lack of one?

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    What PLC are you looking at Boyan?
    The one he mentioned above in the thread
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

7. Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    I was just thinking aloud.

I know you have already made a decision.

No offence intended, yes blame the British sense of humour!

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Humour. Guinea Pig = slang for tester.
    I thought I'd missed a link.
    Other option is their range of Click PLCs, which are cheaper, but are a bit more limited in terms of supply voltages, but the programming software is completely free (I see the DL05 software is limited to 100 words).
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information