. .
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Here's the next part where I walk through the CAM for a machine that can cut the whole body in one set of operations and also for a smaller machine where indexing is required (like mine).

Last edited by Washout; 31-03-2017 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Hi Eric

Shoot me a PM with the email address you used to register to Fusion 360 and I'll give you access to the project - be very aware though that the CAM that's there is "tuned" to my machine so its best to take a copy of the CAD and do your own with feeds and speeds for your machine.

Cheers

Chris
    Not sure if I already sent this to you... lll run my own cam, thanks a ton for the cad! Great videos! Please keep it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ericmac; 03-04-2017 at 04:48 PM.

Hi Eric

Good man - I seem to be getting a lot of requests for the CAM, from the uninformed that think they can load my GCode and press start on an X-Carve. That will only get them a floor full of broken machine parts if they try milling at 15mm depth on an 8mm cutter

Best to delete the email addresses off of your post there - bots will be picking those up and phishing will commence (Lee might be able to do this if he picks up on it first).

Cheers

Chris

Hi Chris,
    I haven't been able to find any files on A360 under either account? Is it shared through the fusion? Also, thanks for the HU regarding the email addresses!
    Best,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ericmac View Post
    Hi Chris,
    I haven't been able to find any files on A360 under either account? Is it shared through the fusion? Also, thanks for the HU regarding the email addresses!
    Best,
    Eric
    Hi Eric

That should be fixed now - not sure why but it was failing to send the invite to you silently i.e. no warning. Anyway should be there now, so let me know if it hasn't worked again.

Cheers

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Hi Eric

Shoot me a PM with the email address you used to register to Fusion 360 and I'll give you access to the project - be very aware though that the CAM that's there is "tuned" to my machine so its best to take a copy of the CAD and do your own with feeds and speeds for your machine.

Cheers

Chris
    Got it Chris... looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morning all

Here's the latest video showing the machine and CAM in action. It shows how I get a body that is too wide for my cutting area out of the machine:

The links to the CAD models in Fusion 360 are in the video description for anyone that wants them, but no toolpaths. If anyone wants access directly to the project in Fusion 360 drop me a PM with your Fusion360 email address and I'll add you to it.

Hi all,

Next part of the Telecaster build - no CNC this time round, but installing the body binding with some "old skool" routing:

Nice work, I notice that you didn't heat the binding prior to bent it at the area of lower horn, this mean the binding is soft enough for this job, right? What kind of plastic is made of? ABS? also I have seen people bond the binding with the body with acetone, they say it is a more clean work. I haven't try that... only just CA glue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickhofen View Post
    Nice work, I notice that you didn't heat the binding prior to bent it at the area of lower horn, this mean the binding is soft enough for this job, right? What kind of plastic is made of? ABS? also I have seen people bond the binding with the body with acetone, they say it is a more clean work. I haven't try that... only just CA glue.
    Yes it was fine for the lower horns, it was only on the right angle bend under the neck pocket that really needed heating.

I think its ABS, but it was off of ebay so you can never be 100% sure...

I have some decent glues and of course acetone, but I find the bonds can be a little weak and CA is just a lot quicker in general but does have that "one shot" risk.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information