Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Chris Where did you get the 4 orange pads on. Very nice as always.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in Bewdley, Worcs, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 424. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 70 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Chris Where did you get the 4 orange pads on. Very nice as always.
    Hi Clive

Got mine from here, but there are plenty of retailers these days: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Benchdog-98.../dp/B0037Z7D0A

Cheers

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    Thanks But the Amazon one's appear to be about £2.50 lower in price for the same product.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in Bewdley, Worcs, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Has been a member for 5-6 years. Has a total post count of 424. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 70 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community.
    Hi all,

Been a bit of a break since the last video on the Telecaster project due to the day job and spraying taking so long. Anyway here's a quick video on making a side dot marker jig/measure on the CNC router:

Very nice jig Andy, this will eliminate the mishalighned side dots, cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickhofen View Post
    Very nice jig Andy, this will eliminate the mishalighned side dots, cool!
    Its Chris, but thanks - I'll add the CAD to the Tele model download at some point as its a useful bit of kit for any 25.5" scale length neck.

OK Andy that you are actually Chris... Lol, you are welcome!
    Last edited by Nickhofen; 29-06-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Nice work Chris. Once you have convinced yourself to put time into a jig to make a better job of it, it is always satisfying to put it use.

For a long time now I've not used a centre drill prior to a 3mm twist drill and found it holds an accurate position on the hole. For large bits I will centre drill though.

Did you need all that coolant for that job? I'll happily peck drill multiple 3mm holes with just an occasional dab on the drill bit from a brush.

Otherwise nice work, progressing well.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Nice work Chris. Once you have convinced yourself to put time into a jig to make a better job of it, it is always satisfying to put it use.

For a long time now I've not used a centre drill prior to a 3mm twist drill and found it holds an accurate position on the hole. For large bits I will centre drill though.

Did you need all that coolant for that job? I'll happily peck drill multiple 3mm holes with just an occasional dab on the drill bit from a brush.

Otherwise nice work, progressing well.
    Yeah the coolant was a bit over the top - one of the things on my to do list is sort out a decent tap system for that.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast