. .
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Been a while since I worked on this project, but its now getting close to completion. Here's a few videos to bring the project up to date:

Fixing an issue with the scratchplate:

Doing a number of small jobs that needed doing before wiring the guitar up:

and finally the electronics, which are unique for telecasters to say the least:

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Washout For This Useful Post:

Hi all,

This project took way too long, but got there in the end. Some pretty sloppy playing at the end of the video also, purely to get around copyright issues you understand ;)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Washout For This Useful Post:

That's brilliant! You must be walking on the moon.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitwn For This Useful Post:

Guitar sounds really good!
    Nice build!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nickhofen For This Useful Post:

Thanks guys,

It plays a lot better than I was expecting and even better than the Fender US Standard I have, but that could be that the Fender instrument could do with a setup.

The on board pre-amp is something I'm tempted to get the Laney 100W valve amp out of retirement for and have a mess about.

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-03-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    That's a beaut.

Have you dinged the headstock already..? Good good - get that bit out of the way..!

Wal.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wal For This Useful Post:

So after watching your video I ended up spending the evening watching Andy Summers documentaries and assorted guitar lessons on YouTube! I need to practice that big add9 stretch.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Yeah the add9 arpeggios were integral to the Police sound and on three main tracks Message In A Bottle, De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da and Every Breath You Take. The last one being the more difficult of the three IMO as to play it in the recorded key means doing a five fret stretch off of the F. You can see even Andy grimacing a few times playing it on the Atlanta live video in '83 towards the end of the track. They're also a bit like high speed legato, once the tension creeps into your hand its almost impossible to get rid of without stopping...

Hello guys, I hope you don’t mind me posting on here. iv been looking through this thread and have found some really interesting info and cool projects you have been working on. I run a guitar manufacturing company in York and we are looking for a CNC enthusiast to come and help build guitars in our team. It’s a full time position in York. I don’t suppose you know anyone that would be interested in building guitars for a living? We are interviewing over the next two weeks. Anyone interested could email me directly [email protected]

Sorry if this is against the forum rules I just thought it would be a perfect place to find someone who loves cnc work and guitars!

Thanks guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike PJD View Post
    Hello guys, I hope you don’t mind me posting on here. iv been looking through this thread and have found some really interesting info and cool projects you have been working on. I run a guitar manufacturing company in York and we are looking for a CNC enthusiast to come and help build guitars in our team. It’s a full time position in York. I don’t suppose you know anyone that would be interested in building guitars for a living? We are interviewing over the next two weeks. Anyone interested could email me directly [email protected]

Sorry if this is against the forum rules I just thought it would be a perfect place to find someone who loves cnc work and guitars!

Thanks guys!!
    I don't see a problem with you asking here. That would be my dream job!!! I'd come out of retirement for that one if you were in Tasmania. I hope you find the right person.

By the way, you forgot to plug the company website....

https://pjdguitars.com/

Kit

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread Information