. .
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-03-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Cheers Chris,

Not sure I could bring all that much to the party body and neck wise, but maybe inlays, or a badge of some sort? Perhaps the pick-ups? I mention those as I'm currently making a set of 10 prototype Rosewood P90's for a local builder, pics and vid of an earlier effort below. I could always ask if he'd wind you a custom built set if you wanted to go off the beaten track - might be a bit cheeky but he's going to be dabbling in CNC himself at some point next year - I've already had the thought that you might make a good contact for him regarding learning about the machine and a solid introduction to CNC guitar making...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_odd6gdPnWt1r7uds7o2_1280.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	19347Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_odd6gdPnWt1r7uds7o3_1280.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	19348

Wal.

Hi Wal,

That might be an idea - I was going to go with some kind of vintage Fender reissue pickup in the bridge (the original guitar I'm copying is a '62) and a '57 PAF re-issue in the neck, but if I can get closer to "vintage" by going custom that might be worthwhile.

No problems on me helping your mate out with guitar CNC'ing - I try to respond to any questions on my YouTube channel the day they're posted and get some PM's etc as well - happy to help people get inspired to build/buy/learn CNC.

Cheers

Chris
    Last edited by Washout; 27-09-2016 at 02:59 PM.

First of the videos for this project - intro and CAd for the neck in Fusion 360:

I have also done most of the CAM apart from working out final workholding and indexing for the doublesided nature. For those with access to the model - have a look and see what you think.

Bugger.....been meaning to start up Fusion but life (grandson most recently) keeps getting in the way....myst try harder (sounds like my school reports!!!) sorry Chris........

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
    Neil...

Build log...here

No worries Neil,

I'll be starting on the body soon, but there will be two versions - one with the standard single coils and then the Andy Summers variant, with the extra routing plus humbucker.

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-03-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Looking good Chris..! Very neat bit of modelling there.

Wal.

Thanks Wal

I should have the CAM video up soon, but have a cockpit project vid before that and I got an Oculus Rift a couple of weeks ago and that has been keeping me "immersed".

Video showing the CAM process fro the neck is up:

@Neil and Lee - I haven't tested the toolpaths yet, so beware.

Merry Christmas all,

I got some time on the machine and for video editing. Here is the test machining and I'm glad I did this as there were a couple of issues (for the next video) that needed solving before machining in real wood:

Next part of the build - fixing a CAD problem in Fusion 360 and then cutting it out in maple:

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information