. .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Oh dear...my thread has brought the handbags out....

Right, what I meant when I asked Neale to comment on my machines, I meant my milling machines. (if i had meant the Sigma, I would have specified..."..your thoughts on the Sigma")

Lets be clear. There are hobby machines and then there are prosumer machines in the 3D world. The Sigma is squarely in the prosumer range. What you get with it is, an open source platform, a dealer network, my company's support etc etc. This means that should your printer have issues there is someone you can pick up the phone and chat to about it.

Open source unfortunately many times also means that your only tech support is through a users forum. That is fine for a low cost machine but if you are a pro, like some of my customers, you need the services a pro machine comes with as standard.

Lee, thanks for the support. I will try and help as much as time allows with the 3DP community on the site.
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

Sorry, George - I misunderstood, and then started a classic forum debate where everyone is arguing about something slightly different!

I'm afraid that I didn't look at the milling machine at Bristol, and I don't remember even seeing it. My reaction to the pictures above is that it looks like a nice little machine, and does not have one of my pet hates, a round column with loss of registration as soon as you raise/lower the head. I lived with a machine like that for years; its replacement has a proper knee on dovetail slides. For a bench-top machine, dovetail slides on the column are fine.

I guess that this is going up against the Sieg and similar machines and I can't really make any intelligent comments without a good look in the flesh. Looks like something that I might consider if I were in the market for this size machine.

So the Sigma machine.
    What deal can you do over what Cutwel are offering ?
    John S -

I am nowhere near as big as Cutwel so my offering would be very limited. The prices we are keeping at the moment are based on the better Euro/GBP rate as established in April. With the current rates both me and Cutwel have a very slim margin, mine being the much slimmer. We are expecting the next batch to arrive this coming week and have already presold a thrid of the order, so to be honest there is not much need for me to discount in order to win business.

That said, I can offer a discount, if payment is by BACS or cash, to forum members as a means of giving back to the community. Those interested, please PM me for details.

If there are more people that are interested in purchasing a Sigma, I may be able to put in a larger order meaning I can potentially pass on a better discount.

Regards

Hi

is the CNC conversion kit available now?

Hugh

Hi Hugh

I am working on it. The plan is to release the mechanics by Christmas. I am also working with Aaron Powter from Australia to make his kit available for those with the Warco/Amadeal machines of similar size.

Regards

7. The Following User Says Thank You to komatias For This Useful Post:

Ballscrew CNC Conversion Kits - Free Fusion360 Files:

https://youtu.be/Wx8238bGSCY

"Fusion360 files are free to subscriber's so they can convert their own mill and must not be shared, sold or used for private / commercial fiscal gain."
    .Me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Lee,

That is the Aaron I am working with. His conversion requires machining on the castings that I am trying my hardest to avoid. Also, the machines Titan sell have a slightly different bed to mine.

So going back to the original point of the thread :-) do you have any videos of the mill running? And do you offer/will you offer 4th axis?

Quote Originally Posted by Fingerpuk View Post
    So going back to the original point of the thread :-) do you have any videos of the mill running? And do you offer/will you offer 4th axis?
    Ah videos....I wish I did have some for you from my own machines but not just yet...Only recently purchased the equipment to record in the quality they deserve so it is on the todo list. But I can offer you Aaron Powters youtube video of the exact same machines previous revision:

The difference between the Titan and my machines is only the bed casting.

Now in terms of CNC kits, there is a plan and I am working on it. The idea is to offer it as a 3 axes to begin with, because there are options already to add an already motorised rotary table. The real trick however is to allow you to do the CNC conversion without the need for you to machine the castings and that is where I am putting a lot of emphasis.

If you are anywhere near Bristol or can travel down, I would gladly show you the machine in person. With the CNC conversion I would recommend you also look at my quick change tooling.

Drop me a line if you have any further questions.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information