. .
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingerpuk View Post
    do you offer/will you offer 4th axis?
    Doesn't that leave you one short .

I am not exactly sure, having never contemplated the dizzier heights of CNC, but I think full positional control requires 3 linears and 2 rotationals?

I just discovered we have a fat smiley Perfect for those of us kounting the kilocalories

Robin, you being sarcastic there, thought you had been around long enough to be well versed in the CNC world?

There is nothing stopping anyone adding a small trunion table at a later date to get 5 or even 6 axis. It just comes down to cost. The difficult bit is to do the ballscrew conversion neatly without milling the castings. After that its just bolt on bits really. With a decent controller, you can go up to 6 axes and then its just a matter of more motor drivers etc etc etc.

There is also very little cheap software that will output 5 axis gcode which puts a damper on many peoples aspirations.

Just as an aside, I am also making some fixture plate kits for these chappies to assist in part positioning and helping flip parts over easily.
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

When I started with computers you bought your parts from Practical Electronics or Wireless World by sending them a cheque in the post

I am now on my last decrepit knockings and you bright young things should be leaving me way behind

When I started with computers you bought your parts from Practical Electronics or Wireless World by sending them a cheque in the post
    I also bet that you built a Heath Kit valve scope and a Sinclair micro six radio
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I also bet that you built a Heath Kit valve scope and a Sinclair micro six radio
    At least someone knows what Practical Electronics and Wireless World were. Most excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    At least someone knows what Practical Electronics and Wireless World were. Most excellent
    I forgot the VVM as well from Heath Kit. All good stuff.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that the design of the mechanical elements of the CNC conversion is coming along very nicely.

I have 3D printed some of the bits to test fit and form and am very pleased.

Delivery of the kits should start Jan/Feb next year too.

In the mean time I have 3 machines left in stock that would love a new home for Christmas. At the current price they are already competitive against the other UK sellers but I am happy to accept BACS payment and discount the payment portal fees!

How does the tool change work on this, is there a draw bar? Looks quite reasonable for the money! I wonder what speed the bearings would hold up to if you replaced the motor for something larger.

Quote Originally Posted by biketrialsdave View Post
    How does the tool change work on this, is there a draw bar? Looks quite reasonable for the money! I wonder what speed the bearings would hold up to if you replaced the motor for something larger.
    Hi Dave,

The tool change is the same any other R8 spindled machine. The head of the drawbar is beneath the round bobble on the head.

You can use any R8 tooling you can find on the market, as the thread is standard (7/16"), or you can use the quick change tooling I do.

The bearings can hold up to way more RPM than the spindle is currently set up to do.

I am looking at increasing the motor to be a brushless 2.2KW 6000rpm type, as well as of course a high quality CNC conversion kit

Regards

Any more progress on the CNC conversion for this? Also, does the motor have the torque to use a face mill? I wish it had a powered draw bar too!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information