. .

Thread: Dumb Reverse

I have taken on a part completed 6040 with the usual Longs drivers and motors. Long time since I did a setup and I am flumoxed to solve my motor direction problem. My motors run smoothly but only in one direction. The on screen jog MPG has the positive arrows all green but the negative arrows are red. Both red and green arrows send the motors the same direction. Should I suspect the wiring on drivers or is there something dumb I have not done in Mach3 setup.

The MPG arrow colours are normal, it's most likely a problem with the Direction Signal, this needs to be correctly configured in Mach3 to deliver it to the correct input pin on the BOB, from the BOB the output needs to go to the correct input on the driver.
    It could be config or wiring, you should work through carefully checking, I'd start with config and move on to wiring,
    Regards,
    Nick
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 17 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    My motors run smoothly but only in one direction
    Can you check the voltage on the direction pin on the drive as it should change from around 5V to 0V when you jog back and forward
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thank you for your replies. I have spent a week on and off checking the wiring to the Longs info. Checked every bit of wiring for continuity. Yes I have 5v to 0v drop as suggested. I have noticed this morning that the normal 2/3 4/5 6/7 pin out is not lighting the Z and X diode on the BOB when signaling from Mach. These axis are wired to A and Aux. Stupid of me not to notice that before. Never take things for granted. Will be checking the RS232 pin signals later. At the moment whatever pins I enable in config I cannot activate Z and X on the BOB. So probably got a duff BOB here.

Thread Information