. .
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Newkye do appear to be the cheapest, but what concerns me is the lack of information. Even the product listings on their website/aliexpress are pretty much all identical, with little information as to what the differences actually are.
    Take for example on Aliexpress they have two 4-axis milling 1000 series controllers with Panel C (the panel I'd like), but one is a "best price NEW1000MDb" and the other a "Modbus type NEW1000MDc" with a $110 premium.
    Is the difference between them simply one has Modbus, and what are they actually referring to as Modbus? GSK have controllers (983 series IIRC) that will only work with their own bus link servo drives, so are they referring to a drive control Modbus, or do they simply mean conventional Modbus for communicating with a PC. If so, does that mean the cheaper one doesn't have the ability to be drip fed from a PC?
    The other thing I have noticed, is some controller manuals don't mention anything about being able to run of a USB stick. They have instructions for copying files from USB, but nothing about running from USB.
    Having spent a good bit time looking through and comparing the GSK manuals last night, other than certain models having specific features, I suspect the difference between a lot of the models is simply different hardware, but still with the same key features.
    The 988 series are the top of the range controllers, capable of 6 axis with 3 spindles.
    1000/990 other than being physically different, I can't find anything majorly different in the specs.
    983/980 (bus version) are for bus controlled servo drives.
    218 seems to be a newer version of the 990, or a lower spec version of the 988.
    Certainly for what I'm looking for, the GSK 218MC-H seems like the best fit. However the standard control panel doesn't include a MPG, but a remote MPG may be a better option.
    I'm not going to make any decisions until I've heard back from the other suppliers, to see what they suggest, and what their prices are.
    At $2216 for the gsk218mc-H compared with $1460 (both plus postage), apart from a few switches what extra benefits are worth 50% extra cost.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Barron View Post
    At $2216 for the gsk218mc-H compared with $1460 (both plus postage), apart from a few switches what extra benefits are worth 50% extra cost.
    That's what I'm trying to find out.
    If the control panel doesn't come with FRO/SSO dials, you can't add them as the controllers have no analogue inputs, and that is one feature I use quite a bit. Turning a dial is far better than continually pressing buttons.
    The 990/1000 series controllers also have less IO available. 218MC has 47 of each, whereas going by my quick count of a 990/1000 series manual, they only have 21 In and 12 Out defined as user configurable. I suspect some of the dedicated In/Out can be used by editing the ladder, but I'm not wanting to spend that much time reading the manuals just yet.
    Creating an In/Out spreadsheet will be one of my next jobs, as I think the current retrofit will need less than 12 outputs.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

After reading the manual for one of these controllers I'm not sure I want one if that's what happens when go wrong. .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prickfallsoff.png 
Views:	409 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	19398

4. Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    After reading the manual for one of these controllers I'm not sure I want one if that's what happens when go wrong. .

Gotta love chinglish!! I can't read manuals like that without crying with laughter
    Last edited by JoeHarris; 07-10-2016 at 11:31 PM.

If the control panel doesn't come with FRO/SSO dials, you can't add them as the controllers have no analogue inputs, and that is one feature I use quite a bit. Turning a dial is far better than continually pressing buttons.
    The 990/1000 series controllers also have less IO available. 218MC has 47 of each, whereas going by my quick count of a 990/1000 series manual, they only have 21 In and 12 Out defined as user configurable. I suspect some of the dedicated In/Out can be used by editing the ladder, but I'm not wanting to spend that much time reading the manuals just yet.
    Creating an In/Out spreadsheet will be one of my next jobs, as I think the current retrofit will need less than 12 outputs.
    Have a look at the chinese machine switches and handwheel layouts for the gsk controllers.

6. I have dealt with the Chines for over 20 years and some of the Chinglish is quite funny. I have two CNC controllers made by a company called Gunt. with a bit a grease or dirt in the right place it becomes quite offensive to the opposite sex.

Name:	GT130iTc-SUBB.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	19399
    Last edited by Gary; 08-10-2016 at 08:47 AM.

Gary,

does it say cock on the picture of the tap too?
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

8. Sadly not, that would have been funny. It says cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by komatias View Post
    Gary,

does it say cock on the picture of the tap too?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcnc View Post
    after reading the manual for one of these controllers i'm not sure i want one if that's what happens when go wrong. .

lmao!, Im with Jazz!
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 09-10-2016 at 12:32 AM.
    .Me

The turning gsk980ta3 controller can use a handwheel pendant, number GSKsc10, http://www.cncmakers.com/cnc/control...G_Pendant.html

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information