Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Boyan what is the significance of the 233mB file shown in the pic. What is the actual gcode file size?

    The significance is that for the cheap controller which processes from USB directly, without downloading the file to the memory, there is no problem with the file size which as seen is bigger than its memory at least twice. Meaning also the DDCSV is quite ahead of its bigger brothers, at least on some implementations.

    That's the actual size of the G code in MB. Its trochoidal with small cutter, so millions of lines.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

  2. #42
    That's the actual size of the G code in MB. Its trochoidal with small cutter, so millions of lines.
    In your previous post you seemed to indicate that the biggest file size was only 128mB
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    In your previous post you seemed to indicate that the biggest file size was only 128mB
    exactly. The expensive controllers need to copy the file onto the controller. This even cheaper, can read whatever file size directly from USB
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    That good enough for you? I don't think a bigger file can make any difference evaluating the controller.
    Yes that's good enough for me and agreed impressive if it can buffer without pausing in the cut. Have you tried cutting at high feeds/accel while the buffering from USB.? IE 3D cutting. This will be the Acid test.

    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    I know how to square with it the gantry
    Explain how it does this please.?
    Does it home to separate switches for each side/axis or are you using the Index pulse from your Servo drives and just sending signal to one input.? This will make difference to Stepper users who don't have Index pulse and use slaved motors.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Yes that's good enough for me and agreed impressive if it can buffer without pausing in the cut. Have you tried cutting at high feeds/accel while the buffering from USB.? IE 3D cutting. This will be the Acid test.
    the fastest cut i have done for now is 16000mm/min at same time trochoidal and no glitches. yes dean, it cuts that 7 million file without sto and any problem loading from the USB. I stopped it at half as i had another job. Then loaded it again and ir read the whole file and started from the middle without problem. But i will do 3d test when i have time these days.

    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Explain how it does this please.?
    Does it home to separate switches for each side/axis or are you using the Index pulse from your Servo drives and just sending signal to one input.? This will make difference to Stepper users who don't have Index pulse and use slaved motors.
    As you know i have the 3 axis controller so not 100% sure, but lets say 99.999%

    It homes Z, then X, then Y and i assume then A / when A is chosen not to be rotational/ . So there is posibility how many mm to back off after homing and how many times to home/ 0-5/ . I have it set at 2 times, it goes to Home, then back, then slowly homes again, then moves back what i say.

    -So without homing anything we make sure the gantry is perfectly square/ using straight edge across rails and precision square/
    -then we move the gantry to end of rails / i home at side near me, you choose that from positive.negative homing direction option/
    -as Limit switches Leds are on we see which switch is hit first. So we move and adjust them so that left switch Y is just a tiny bit in front of right switch A.
    -We adjust backoff after homing at something small like 1mm / which is nothing for out of square for 1800mm gantry like mine for example/

    -we hit home,it homes Z, homes X, then goes till end and homes y backs off 1mm and then homes A and squares it backing off 1mm -now that have to be checked if will work and move the 2 axis together, i will know it when i have the 4 axis controller. But even that has a walkaround. We install a button/switch on enclosure. When we hit it it mixes together the step/dir signals of the 2 long axis when homing. So both move till the end as one together. When all is at the end. We switch it off and we home again here. No problem - Each axis will move only 1mm so not a big deal , but all will be automatically square

    As you see that last one will work for sure.

    I square at the moment/ with the 3 axis controller/ home all. No back off. From A servo controll panel move as to turn Led on limit switch off/ as i have previously adjusted then with the square edge so they light and off at exactly same time
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 21-10-2016 at 06:55 PM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

  6. #46
    So your assuming it can square the gantry individually or you are doing it.? . . .. You do know what they say about assumption.!!!

    If you are using 3 axis controller how are you running your machine which as 4 motors.? Are you using the servo drive slave option, meaning the slave servo drive mirrors the master. If not then surely your not connecting two drives to one Motor output.?

  7. #47
    I have just taken delivery of a new batch of these controllers but instead of being called 1.1 this model is called 2.1

    Personally i think they are the same just that these have a neater and cleaner button layout and all in English.
    Manual is the same manual, I think but again better English although it shows some of the V1.1 screen shots inside.

    Doing some testing over the next two weeks, eye operation not withstanding then got 15 machines to convert down in Oxford 3rd week of November.]

    Without this stand alone controller I would not have got the job.
    John S -

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    So your assuming it can square the gantry individually or you are doing it.? . . .. You do know what they say about assumption.!!!

    If you are using 3 axis controller how are you running your machine which as 4 motors.? Are you using the servo drive slave option, meaning the slave servo drive mirrors the master. If not then surely your not connecting two drives to one Motor output.?
    Surely i am connecting 2 servo motors to one output without any problem. Reality is different that what we think is good or no good. Works perfectly. And if works perfectly at my speeds, for the normal DIY machine will be a winner
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Reality is different that what we think is good or no good. Works perfectly. And if works perfectly at my speeds, for the normal DIY machine will be a winner
    The reality is that over time the tiny difference in timing issues will show up and with no way of squaring the gantry indepedantly, other than running into hard stops, the machine will slowly twist it's self up. Not good arrangment and not something I'd do or encorage.

    The problem and concern I have with these controllers is that they are not much more than DSP controllers which are fitted to many chinese machines.
    It's well known that these are trouble and I've helped countless people who have bought chinese machines replace DSP's after little just 6mnths because they have failed or start acting strange.
    When they start giving trouble there is very little can be done and they are throw away.!!!

    I never call or praise any hardware untill I've fully test my self so I'm not calling them or saying rubbish. But I will be trying one these for my self and after Thrashing it for several months then I'll see if it's Winner.!

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    I have just taken delivery of a new batch of these controllers but instead of being called 1.1 this model is called 2.1

    Personally i think they are the same just that these have a neater and cleaner button layout and all in English.
    Manual is the same manual, I think but again better English although it shows some of the V1.1 screen shots inside.

    Doing some testing over the next two weeks, eye operation not withstanding then got 15 machines to convert down in Oxford 3rd week of November.]

    Without this stand alone controller I would not have got the job.
    Is this the NEW990TD-b controller.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Comparing motion controllers...
    By JW1977 in forum Control Hardware & Systems
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 17-02-2016, 01:36 PM
  2. Wiring Steppers to controllers
    By liamo1991 in forum Motor Drivers & Controllers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2013, 12:58 AM
  3. PCI Motion Controllers
    By IanS1 in forum Motor Drivers & Controllers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 15-05-2013, 11:13 PM
  4. Difference between controllers and Cad/Cam programming???
    By 0625272 in forum Computer Software
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 23-06-2011, 07:40 PM
  5. Programmable logic controllers
    By cncezee in forum Motor Drivers & Controllers
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 15-11-2010, 07:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •