. .
  1. Hi,

I'm having a real hard time trying to source finishing media in the UK (green pyramids/triangles etc). I can find plenty of sources in the U.S. but I don't want to mess about with import duty and extortionate P&P charges. I feel like I'm missing a trick - Do we not do vibratory/tumbler finishing in this country or something? Would be grateful if someone here could enlighten me on the subject.

Cheers,
    Matt.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Wal On the forum here made a tumbler not sure where he got the media from though.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

I purchased some small ceramic triangles from Moleroda, I use them on aluminium for a pre anodising finish.

http://www.moleroda.com/

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I've just bought some from Moleroda (www.moleroda.com or they sell on ebay).
    Charmic is another supplier, but I took the lazy option of just using Moleroda's online shop.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

5. Thanks m_c. I took a look on moleroda's site but couldn't find suitable media for aluminium, small enough for my application. I'll check out Sharmic (which I guess is what you meant by Charmic) ;-)

Matt.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    That'll be the one!
    I'm sure Moleroda stock far more than what's shown on their website, as the Rosler consumable range is quite extensive, and I'd guess they only list the more common options online.
    Probably best to email or call them.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Thread Information