. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 40 Minutes Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveo View Post
    ok, so can any point me to a few links so i can get an idea of what i want.as i said i would like it around 1200mm x 600mm
    daveo
    Have you done any research on the forum and looked at some of the very capable machines if you are not careful you will waste a lot of money.

It shows you have not done much as you are looking at 25mm ball screws with linear supported rails.
    for a decent machine for the size you are looking at you will need 1610 on X and Y and 1605 on Z also the square rails have come down a lot in price are are far better.

First start a build log with a new post to keep all the questions in one place and then design something in cad there is no problem copying other people designs and then you will have a much better idea.
    The golden rule is don't buy anything until you have a design sorted then the wise ones on here will put you right.
    Good luck with the build .
    Last edited by Clive S; 26-10-2016 at 09:52 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thread Information