. .
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    From what I understand, I ideally need a Type A single phase RCD for powering anything VFD like, however my head hurts trying to find a suitable source, and I could really do with replacing the old AC one for my workshop.
    Anybody got any links to such an item in 40Amp form?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    From what I understand, I ideally need a Type A single phase RCD for powering anything VFD like, however my head hurts trying to find a suitable source, and I could really do with replacing the old AC one for my workshop.
    Anybody got any links to such an item in 40Amp form?
    Something like this https://www.sibert.co.uk/collections/renewables-solar-pv-installation/products/rcds-typea

might do.
    Last edited by Clive S; 26-10-2016 at 08:32 AM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Thanks Clive, but no 40A option (I should probably mention I need a 30mA trip version).
    I have however discovered Zapp list two variants. I just need to find out what the difference is, but I think they have different overcurrent curves.
    Why can't we go back to the good old days where nobody ever bothered about the odd electrocution?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

I remember reading in another post
    some VFD's have a removable link so you can disconnect the earth to the noise filter required to get the CE mark
    with the link removed you don't have the earth leakage to trip the RCD

Quote Originally Posted by john swift View Post
    I remember reading in another post
    some VFD's have a removable link so you can disconnect the earth to the noise filter required to get the CE mark
    with the link removed you don't have the earth leakage to trip the RCD
    Yes I remember that as well good find.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Last edited by john swift; 06-11-2016 at 11:21 PM.

Thread Information