. .

Thread: Kinco 2M2280N

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Long shot this one but does anyone have a pcb schematic for a Kinco 2m2280N stepper driver?

Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    Long shot this one but does anyone have a pcb schematic for a Kinco 2m2280N stepper driver?
    No But I've got couple of dead ones if want to see one.!

Unfortunately Ive now got one dead one as well. Still in the process of replacing the eding controller with the cslabs one, haven't really had time to get stuck into it, and powered the drivers up to test the limits and home switches and estop. Reset the estop and the driver went bang. Oddly enough Ive had it stripped down to the board and cant see the flashover mark or a blown component. The driver powers up but comes up with error codes.
    I got these one from Gary at Zapp a long time ago but his site shows none in stock. I will need to speak to him tomorrow to sort out a replacement.
    Can you think of any problems with using differing types of drivers on the same control system? I can swap things around to have my remaining kinco drivers on the X and Y axis and say have a different one on the z axis.

Sorry cant help, what happened to your forum avatar?
    .Me

Lee, I don't think I ever had one. Never got round to it. I'm sure its on the list somewhere.

Can you think of any problems with using differing types of drivers on the same control system? I can swap things around to have my remaining kinco drivers on the X and Y axis and say have a different one on the z axis.
    No Problem what so ever, it's done often.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Thanks Dean.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    No But I've got couple of dead ones if want to see one.!
    Do you want to send them to me for repair and we'll keep one each if I can fix both?

I've repaired more DQ860MA drivers than I'd like to admit having blown up.

I can also post what I find here in case it helps others with fixing them.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 30-10-2016 at 11:37 PM.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Bit of an update on this. I have the driver apart on my bench and have found the cooling fan faulty and a shorted IGBT. The fan is easy but waiting for someone to see if they can get me a replacement IGBT.
    With the faulty IGBT removed from circuit the existing fault disappears and now says that it cannot find the motor which is correct seeing as its not connected.
    I will update again if I can get the correct parts and get it working.

Bit of an update on this. I have the driver apart on my bench and have found the cooling fan faulty and a shorted IGBT.
    If there are any protection diodes on the output, check these as they often go with the IGBTs.

The fan is easy but waiting for someone to see if they can get me a replacement IGBT.
    What's the part number? I might have something.
    Old router build log here. New router build log here. Lathe build log here.
    Electric motorbike project here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information