. .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Same here, 7mm and 8mm Tried the 8mm as I had an 8mm dowel pin the try in the hole and it's a nice slide in fit.

Hopefully the other will come in the next few days.
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Same here, 7mm and 8mm Tried the 8mm as I had an 8mm dowel pin the try in the hole and it's a nice slide in fit.

Hopefully the other will come in the next few days.
    Thank god for that thought i'd been ripped off.!! . . .Again. . . . . . only 7mm landed so far. Maybe it's like those Monthly magazines you get one each month and in no particular logical order. Lol

On Plus note can re-use the Jiffy bags so save few sheckles.,
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 13-11-2016 at 11:17 PM.

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,725. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    Probably cheapest way to buy jiffy bags
    Last edited by Neale; 14-11-2016 at 12:13 AM.

I got the 7mm one on Thursday and my first reaction was that I had misread the listing and it was only the 7mm one from a set. so I fired off a refund request and got the reply that they would refund £2 and I could keep the reamer. The rest of the set arrived on Saturday, so I cancelled the complaint and sent them a message that they were running their business in a twattish way (not my exact wording).
    Either they are sending out from two different locations, or they have an idiot in charge.

Who cares ! The reamers are OK for the price.

Here's a question about reamers - I acquired a NIKKEN NCS tool bit that looks like a rotary broach, or a long shanked, downcut, slot cutter with a funny end, but it is marked 7.873 +/- 0.0126. I presume that this is calculated to make an 8mm hole. Am I right in this assumption ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1727.JPG 
Views:	205 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	19613
    Cheers,

Rob

Rob,
    They have to be to such a tight tolerance as they are made for putting candle holes in birthday cakes............................
    John S -

Lives in Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 786. Received thanks 96 times, giving thanks to others 176 times.
    Possibly a precision drill used prior to reaming, the tit on the end locating in a centre drill hole in the job.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    Possibly a precision drill used prior to reaming, the tit on the end locating in a centre drill hole in the job.
    Mike
    It's not a drill, it has a flat end

Name:	reamer.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	19614

I think it is a reamer, but an odd size at 7.873mm
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    It's not a drill, it has a flat end

Name:	reamer.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	19614

I think it is a reamer, but an odd size at 7.873mm
    Rob

0.31 inch reamer
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    0.31 inch reamer
    As I said an odd size, unless 0.31" has some engineering significance. Maybe its a 0.3" reamer for 10 thou oversize

R
    Last edited by cropwell; 14-11-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,725. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    I ordered a set a day or so after Gary posted the first mention of these. First one arrived a couple of days later, then another the day after that. The rest arrived this morning, just as I was starting to wonder if the value of what was left was less than or greater than the cost of a telephone call... Strange delivery policy but then, in a world where I have bought a 78p digital panel voltmeter from China, delivered post free, who knows?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information