. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    We have a CNC plasma table we bought from a company call Plasma Frame Limited (no longer trading). I am trying to find a Mach3 field technician that would attend our premises TW4 7EA (Heathrow, London) on a fee basisi to re-configure the system/Mach3 due to a computer malfunction. The problem that we have is that the head/gantry will not move on a cursor command even though the numerical values change and we are able to load a file onto the Mach3 program.

I hope that makes sense and hope that someone can assist.

Best regards,

Martin
    Weldwide Services Limited

Think you'll struggle with tech person unless someone local see's this request. Shame because I was down your way last weekend.

However if you can provide some info I'm sure I can get you going again.

When you say computer malfunction what exactly happened. Did you Re-install Mach3.?
    If so then chances are what's needed is to re-configure the Motor Outputs and inputs etc. However this will require some info about your system/hardware.

If don't know this info then best way is to take good clear pictures of inside the control box so we can try to figure out what you have and whats connected to what.?

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 6 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    As Jazz says, Mach will need reconfigured.
    The ideal solution is to copy the configuration file from the old computer. Do you still have the old computer and is the hard disk serviceable?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    As Jazz says, Mach will need reconfigured.
    The ideal solution is to copy the configuration file from the old computer. Do you still have the old computer and is the hard disk serviceable?
    This is the problem I don`t have the configuration data it is beyond my skill base.. I`m in a pickle!

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 6 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    If you can provide what Jazz has asked (photos of inside the control cabinet), then I'm sure we'll be able to help you get up and running again.
    The configuration data is a single file that is needed from the old computer. What actually happened to the old computer?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by martin1973 View Post
    We have a CNC plasma table we bought from a company call Plasma Frame Limited (no longer trading). I am trying to find a Mach3 field technician that would attend our premises TW4 7EA (Heathrow, London) on a fee basisi to re-configure the system/Mach3 due to a computer malfunction. The problem that we have is that the head/gantry will not move on a cursor command even though the numerical values change and we are able to load a file onto the Mach3 program.

I hope that makes sense and hope that someone can assist.

Best regards,

Martin
    Weldwide Services Limited

Hello Jazz/M_C,

Please find below two images as requested, is there supposed to be any illuminated lights of the HG08 board?

When the old PC went bang I took it to a local PC repair shop and they recovered everything and reinstalled it onto the new PC, it all loaded OK but would run.. It may be the case that that the configuration information is already saved as a file on the PC, but I simply don`t know what I looking for which makes it somewhat difficult.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0063[1].jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	19574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0064[1].jpg 
Views:	989 
Size:	340.2 KB 
ID:	19575Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0067[1].jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	177.2 KB 
ID:	19579Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0068[1].jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	248.9 KB 
ID:	19578

The guy from Plasma Frame who supplied the machine ~3 years ago is no longer trading, I have contacted him and he said it was simple to fix and but has failed to reply to me after numerous polite attempts and have given up (he was unreliable when we bought the machine).

Jazz are you likely to be in or around the Heathrow area anytime soon? I am happy to pay a healthy fee to get this sorted.

We have got two other CNC machines which operate using Delam and Siemens software and are supported by the machinery supplier, unfortunately they don`t offer Mach3 support. Trying to find a field support engineer on-line is proving difficult.

In the meantime any directional pointers would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Martin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0065[1].jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	268.9 KB 
ID:	19576   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0066[1].jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	272.8 KB 
ID:	19577  

Martin go into the Mach3 folder you'll find it on C: drive. There's folder called xmlbackup. In there will be files with extension something like MachMill.xb1 or what ever the profile was you loaded before went wrong. Rename and replace the .xb1 with xml. ie: Machmill.xml.
    Then copy it into the Main Mach3 folder. Now goto the Mach3 loader and it should be there ready to load.

The correct Xml file may still be in there. Just rename and load whats in there one at time and check if machine comes to life. Restart Mach each time.

If not there then we will have to reconfig your settings but first we have work out what you have. There will be more questions you'll have to answer and check for us.

Unfortunatly no plans to be down your way anytime soon. But between phone and email/pics I will get you going provided nothings broken.

Is this Computer connected to the internet.? If then I could remote into your system and take look. Would mean you installing piece of software to allow this but it's completely secure and you control what I can see.

Great, I will try that. I can get an internet connection set-up and load team viewer for a remote connection.

Martin

Can you take better picture of the HG08 board. Mainly of the wires next to printer cable. If you could work out where each wire goes this would help when comes to reconfig time.

Yes will do, I have ordered an ethernet cable so that I can get it connected online/Teamviewer. This will take a few days and will revert soon.

Many thanks for your help this far.

Martin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information