. .
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The UC300 has 12V outputs, as well as 0-10V
    I don't think it has 12V outputs, because it connects to standard parallel port breakout boards.
    Also, I think the analog voltage varies depending on which motherboard you use, and I don't think it does 0-10V without a breakout board, does it?
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

JointCAM - CAM for Woodworking Joints

You are correct about the 0-10V output. I was confusing them with the analog inputs.

The 12V outputs on the analog port are not "outputs", but just 12V.

The UC300eth also has a 400Khz kernel speed.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    That breakout board is just a bunch of screw terminals, not optically isolated. I'd not use that with any of the CNC Drive products. There is even a warning about this in their manuals.
    I've got something similar but I've also got one of these: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/252307419456

...as well. There is so many options these days, i think moving away from LTP and/or USB is a good move though.
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    You are correct about the 0-10V output. I was confusing them with the analog inputs.

The 12V outputs on the analog port are not "outputs", but just 12V.

The UC300eth also has a 400Khz kernel speed.
    Yes.... well, it is an output, but yes it is just 12V. On when the card is powered up off after power off and in between it outputs 12V on those pins.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    I've got something similar but I've also got one of these: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/252307419456

...as well. There is so many options these days, i think moving away from LTP and/or USB is a good move though.
    Yes, definitely agree that LPT and USB are not exactly optimal year 2016.
    BTW, I have two identical BOBs. They also have 0-10V and are very goodand in my opinion. That BOB has six optically isolated inputs which are driven separately from the 5V logic if connected properly, outputs are through buffer driver and the relay is useful.
    Last edited by A_Camera; 12-11-2016 at 09:39 AM.

Well had a look at the 300ETH manual and it's not exactly helpful is it ?
    22 Pages, 20 of which tell you how to connect the ethernet and then a scant 2 pages giving the wiring of the pins.

aHowever they are all marked output 1, output2, etc, Analog 1, analog 2

Would it really hurt these peole is they supplied a diagram for a working 3 or 4 axis machine with VFD ?
    You know it just might, note I said might, improve sales because at the moment anyone who isn't an EE is totally fazed by what has been released.

BTW can it do multiline encoder for lathe ?
    John S -

The UC300ETH basically has 5 parallel ports. There are different motherboards available which dictate the input and output pins.
    Two ports are standard, and 3 ports use pins 2-9 as inputs.
    The CNC4PC M44 board has 3 parallel ports, and two special ports, one for inputs, one for outputs. One of the 3 is standard and two use pins 2-9 as inputs.

You plug in your breakout boards and wire it any way you want, just like a standard parallel port.

The analog I/O uses a separate header.

There is no lathe screen at this time. It does rigid tapping, so it may be able to use a multiline encoder. Not positive, though. Send them an email, they are very good with customer service.
    Last edited by Ger21; 12-11-2016 at 02:32 PM.
    Gerry

Mach3 2010 Screenset

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ger21 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ger21 View Post
    The UC300ETH basically has 5 parallel ports. There are different motherboards available which dictate the input and output pins.
    Two ports are standard, and 3 ports use pins 2-9 as inputs.
    The CNC4PC M44 board has 3 parallel ports, and two special ports, one for inputs, one for outputs. One of the 3 is standard and two use pins 2-9 as inputs.

You plug in your breakout boards and wire it any way you want, just like a standard parallel port.

The analog I/O uses a separate header.

There is no lathe screen at this time. It does rigid tapping, so it may be able to use a multiline encoder. Not positive, though. Send them an email, they are very good with customer service.
    What's your hardware setup Gerry ?

I'm confused, so do you need to buy a motherboard or dose it come with the one in the pic and shown in the manual?
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 12-11-2016 at 04:38 PM.
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Well had a look at the 300ETH manual and it's not exactly helpful is it ?
    What help do you need or what is missing according to you?

22 Pages, 20 of which tell you how to connect the ethernet and then a scant 2 pages giving the wiring of the pins.
    Well, the 13 page about the network setup is a bit too much, probably could be cut down to 1 or 2, but if it was, I bet you somebody would complain about being too condense. Actually, 5 pages are about wiring and that's all needed, at least for most people. I agree though that they should have combined the UC300USB and UC300ETH manuals, because especially with Mach3, some features are not explained in the UC300ETH manual.

aHowever they are all marked output 1, output2, etc, Analog 1, analog 2
    No, they are called Port #1, Port #2, Port #3, Port #4, Port #5 and Analog. Pins which are called "Input" are input pins, and those called "Outputs" are obviously output pins. Analog input 1 and 2 marks the pins which have the function of being analog input 1 and 2, likewise for analog outputs 1 and 2. If an input or output pin has the same name, it has obviously the same function because they are opposite each other and they are electrically connected to each other, for example there are two pins marked Analog input/output 1 and 2 and those are obviously the same (i.e. analog input 1 on pin 3 is the same as analog input 1 on pin 11) and not typo.

I think all that is very clear to anyone with a not so negative attitude.

Would it really hurt these peole is they supplied a diagram for a working 3 or 4 axis machine with VFD ?
    Would it really hurt being more positive...?

Perhaps they assume that a person buying such card knows why he/she is buying one and can connect it. Regardless of which, it is mentioned in the manual that it should be connected to a breakout board, and all those I have seen had a diagram about how to connect a machine to their BOB.

You know it just might, note I said might, improve sales because at the moment anyone who isn't an EE is totally fazed by what has been released.
    You know it just might, note I said might, not really matter. Why? because people who are seriously interested have a different attitude and are willing to risk this small sum of money just to try it out. Also, people in general know that CNC Drive is providing excellent support, so I am pretty sure that a person who has problems with connecting the motion controller would get all the help needed. But... there will always be people who are never going to be satisfied... If they would have a manual containing hundreds of pages, describing basically everything, the price of the product would be higher and then some other people would complain that they are too expensive. Remember that CNC Drive is not a hobby for them, it is a company paying their daily bread. Also, perhaps very high volume is not their target, some time it is better to find the customers who KNOW what they need and want than finding too many customers who don't have a clue.

No, you don't need to be an EE to be able to use their products, but sure, you need to have some basic electrical understanding about what you are doing and why. You not really qualify as an EE if you manage to connect their UC300ETH.

This just got posted to the tube:

OK, so it looks as though you get the MB with the ETH version?
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 12-11-2016 at 07:35 PM.
    .Me

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information