. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    Hi Lee,
    The biggest differences are in the number of inputs/outputs. The UC400ETH has 2 standard parallel ports (LPT type) while the UC300ETH has 2 LPT type and 3 DB25 with mostly inputs and additionally even 2 analog inputs and 2 outputs, so it is pretty well equipped and has more in/outputs than I'll ever need. The UC400ETH does not have any analog I/O at all, which isn't really important for me at the moment since I control my spindle via Modbus and RS485ETH.

Most probably I will move everything to UCCNC mecause it is in many ways better. Unfortunately, the move is not that simple because I have to rewrite my macros since Mach uses VB and UCCNC uses C#. Also, UCCNC does not have radius compensation (yet) and that is something I frequently used, so I have to regenerate everything without if I move to UCCNC.

The Mach3 plugin means that I am not in a hurry now, but with the UCCNC and the UC300ETH I get higher speeds and better results than with Mach, so there is indeed an advantage in leaving Mach3. UCCNC has also some functions which does not exist in Mach3, and in general I like it more than I like Mach.
    Hi guys, thanks for the info.

They both look like a good buy given the price, so was the 400 designed as a cut down version or something ? ('m going off the notion that "300" comes before "400" and so the 400 is the newer product) is that right?

I like the idea of "LAN" based control for things, but I don't know, something equally doesn't feel right about the control being remote...stuff to think about it guess.

As you say the plugin gives you the best of both for now then, ok keep us posted on your/the progress, I follow you via the youtube ;-).

Quote Originally Posted by 1Jumper10 View Post
    I just built a machine using the UC400ETH and I'm very happy with its speed and reliability but the UC300ETH would have been just as fast and reliable I assume but it would have been simpler to build with.
    Do you have a youtube channel Jumper?
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 11-11-2016 at 03:55 PM.
    .Me

Thread Information