. .
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Jazz, no it's the full figure 126999ft which is about £350, I did post earlier which for a breakout board is stupid.
    WTF!!! . . . They have been sipping on too much Palinka if they expect to get that for it.! . . . That Kills that then.!

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 7 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    WTF!!! . . . They have been sipping on too much Palinka if they expect to get that for it.! . . . That Kills that then.!

That made me laugh. Is there any country's favourite drink you don't know?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Look at this very old video of Mach 3 cutting alloy, not running a pen around.
    John I don't think I gave you permission to give a link to my router
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

If that's your video Clive then you and your brother need to loose some weight and stop waffling for 12 minutes
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post

That made me laugh. Is there any country's favourite drink you don't know?
    My mates Dad is Hungarian and made this drink in his shed. When we were kids we nicked some from shed got pissed as newts.!! . We got leatherd for it but was worth it.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 14-11-2016 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Ger, I'm not going to disagree with you, but it has proven a point.
    Users complain when a controller can't do something how they want it, yet when they're given the option to do it however they want, they complain it's too complex.
    Controller designers just can't win.
    Reminds me of another scenario where someone said to me "Lee, you can't please all of the people, all of the time", it didn't stop me trying, I'm just that kind of guy...

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    The thread been totally hijacked. You people don't get it. It was meant to be information for those who might be interested. That's all. Not about marketing, how to improve, bashing, advertising other products, impressing (or not) anyone, USB vs. ETH, Mach3 vs. UCCNC, threading and so on...

There is a missing tool among "Thread Tools". I wish there was a "Delete this thread" option. I'd definitely use it if there was one.
    Camera, you don't get it :), this discussion has been a great one, I personally thank you for bringing the news of the plugin to the community attention, not just because that's what makes a forum great BUT also because you've highlighted a product to me I was other wise ignorant to (Past knowing it existed), so much so that I'm probably going to order one and the software, ask Gerry (Ger21) if you don't believe me!

This discussion has evolved but also remaind on topic, all involved thus far are "interested" otherwise they wouldn't have bothered getting involved. Nothing that has been discussed has detracted from the great news you've delivered.

That option is there but it's only available to those who know what they are doing, it can be found under "Administrative" not thread tools and what a catastrophe that would have been !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    I'm also grateful that you have given some news about this bit of hardware as it's something that I might consider when I do my vertical mill CNC conversion. Once the router is finished...
    Enough said.
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 14-11-2016 at 12:35 AM.
    .Me

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    . . . this discussion has been a great one, I personally thank you for bringing the news of the plugin to the community attention, not just because that's what makes a forum great BUT also because you've highlighted a product to me I was otherwise ignorant to . . . This discussion has evolved but also remained on topic . . .
    Funnily enough I was just about to post thanks to A_Camera for starting this thread and also the other major contributors, as this discussion has very nicely dovetailed with Boyan's Cheap Offline Controller thread http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10187...ion-controller, as probably the most interesting and informative discussion that I have ever followed on this forum! The major contributors seem extremely knowledgeable and are simply arguing their views depending on their different perspectives and experiences.
    Sometimes lipsticks have been drawn in "anger" but that's life! And it's also funny to us observers.
    It's been an absolutely BRILLIANT discussion to follow, many thanks all!!!
    Btw, I've taken a personal copy of the thread text just in case anyone deletes it!
    Last edited by AndyGuid; 14-11-2016 at 02:03 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AndyGuid For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGuid View Post
    . Sometimes lipsticks have been drawn in "anger" but that's life! And it's also funny to us observers.
    Andy I keep my Lipstick's honed to sharp point at all times and if required I'll pullout the Hand bag full of lead shot if it helps informs others and if gives them laught along the way better still. .

Now for those interested I sent The makers in Hungary an email and this was the reply.

Hi Dean!

Thank you for your email!
    I use google translate :)

UC300ETH is perfect. I am testing yesterday with UCCNC software and 5441 panel.
    You are well chosen: 5441 have multipurpose input and output:

input: 54pc's 5-24V
    output: 40pc's 5-50V (5pc's separate group with common GND) (up to 100mA continous current/channel)
    +1 relay
    4 analog input
    4 analog output

Power Supply for Board: 5V.

5441 Board, without UC300 core: 330Euro
    5441 Board with UC300 core: 423Euro
    5441 Board with UC300 core: 448Euro

UK Shipping: 35Euro, 5-6working day.

You can pay with PayPal.

I am waiting your answer!
    Thank you!

My reply will be No thanks. However while it's Pricey it is fully featured setup that should be robust and with enough I/O for most machines or retro fits . Also got the Plus that can use UCCNC software which is getting stronger and stronger by the month.

I will be trying one I'm sure but not until the price drops or I can talk them into sending test Sample at reduced rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    This just got posted to the tube:

OK, so it looks as though you get the MB with the ETH version?
    Thank f&*£ for that! I just bought it!

Quote Originally Posted by A_Camera View Post
    The thread been totally hijacked. You people don't get it. It was meant to be information for those who might be interested. That's all. Not about marketing, how to improve, bashing, advertising other products, impressing (or not) anyone, USB vs. ETH, Mach3 vs. UCCNC, threading and so on...

Why don't we start bringing in Windows vs. Linux and when we do that we can also start mentioning Apple products, spindles, aluminium vs. steel design, moving gantry vs. fixed and all that.

Why don't you start your own threads about your design ideas, how incompetent motion control designers are and how much better YOU know what is sellable and what not and how simple it is to make it in 2016?

There is a missing tool among "Thread Tools". I wish there was a "Delete this thread" option. I'd definitely use it if there was one.
    Hey, relax man! This thread has been super informative to me, I've just bought this motion controller! It's simple enough to scan through the thread and pick out relevant information. Thanks for posting!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread Information