. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Meades View Post
    VERY impressive! Especially your worked numbers (2.5 bar, 2 mm inside-diameter feed tubing, 0.8 mm inside-diameter nozzle). I'm working in my loft, so I have nothing like the space that you have, however there are dental compressor rigs that should work well (and quietly) available for around UKP150 on ebay so, using these numbers I should be able to make something similar.

Thanks!
    No problem. There are many builds on the net, but when i started making mine i found that they or intentionally skipped explaining the fine details or were just unaware of them. basically almost useless information. So like always i had to start from scratch.

Here are some more details if you have not figured all from the video:

- the brass bar body ideally is >=8x8mm
    - fitting holes translate seamlessly to inner bore hole.
    - the 2 pneumatic fittings are m5 to 4mm OD tube
    - the distance between them should be at least 2cm from center lines
    - the way/bore hole/ that connects all is 2mm ID
    - the brass tube is 2mmOD and 1mmID. I cramp it at the end with pliers, drill it 0.6-0.8mm, sand it flat, fine sand carefully the edge to chamfer without destroying the flat nozzle face Check correct flow with more output. This is the critical part that defines the blow pattern.
    - brass tube is super glued and pushed fit at brass body. Dont overdo it as you will need to exchange tha tube sometimes for some jobs
    - for hevy cutting up to 20-25mm cutter 1 tube is ok even blowing heavy chips from working surface, then better 2 tubes positioned from opposite sides
    - hose is 4mm OD 2mmID PU hose from China , both air and liquid hose are the same
    - quality water filter body will resist even thinners / mine is made in Italy/, a crappy Chinese one will explode if sth else than water, especially using alcohol if you see even one micro crack throw it away.
    - 1x baby oil+0.1 x dish washer+ 1x water or kerosine / careful with the container, test it first without pressure and then fill it to the top, full container just breaks, does not explode/
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Thread Information