. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi all,

i have a vf0e vmc, which as from thismorning will not power up! after speaking with the haas tech, we are 90% sure the main processor board has popped. HAAS has quoted us about 7k for the new board and a days labour... which honestly we cant afford + thats how much the machines worth.

Anyone had any exp with these boards and know if they can be repaired? today i removed it (keeping the battery connected) and took it to our local repair guy, he says theres nothing obviously wrong but he cannot test the chips on the card.

Thanks in advance for any input, im a one man shop and desperate to get this machine sorted.

best regards

jack

2. Have you checked the power supply?

Quote Originally Posted by compositepro View Post
    Have you checked the power supply?
    thanks for quick reply! yeah the haas tech said it could be low volt supply, but the 3 led's showing the voltages are all lit.

cheers

4. there was a thread over on PM about this exact same thing from memory I will try to find the thing it might help you out 7K ive just been through this same quandry and bought a brand new machine

Quote Originally Posted by compositepro View Post
    there was a thread over on PM about this exact same thing from memory I will try to find the thing it might help you out 7K ive just been through this same quandry and bought a brand new machine
    Thanks a lot, at the moment im HOPING to get the card repaired and get the service tech in to reinstall parameters etc. failing that, find a used card, failing that try and find a donor machine! Spending 7k right now really isnt viable.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If there's no visible component damage even when viewed with high magnification you're dependent on someone with test equipment and the test data for the board.
    Are you sure the PSU/s is/are delivering all the correct voltages? (checked with a meter)
    Last edited by magicniner; 15-11-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    If there's no visible component damage even when viewed with high magnification you're dependent on someone with test equipment and the test data for the board.
    Are you sure the PSU/s is/are delivering all the correct voltages?
    all im going off on the voltage front is that the led's are lit up. the only thing i have put a multi meter across is the buffer battery!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    Are you sure the PSU/s is/are delivering all the correct voltages? (checked with a meter)
    Ok, so i checked the voltages today... on 5v we are getting about 1.5, and on 12v we are getting about 3.5! a tech suggested i get an atx power supply to try, so ive just been and got one from maplins. Is there anything i need to make sure i do/ dont do so i dont toast anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by jackpat View Post
    Ok, so i checked the voltages today... on 5v we are getting about 1.5, and on 12v we are getting about 3.5! a tech suggested i get an atx power supply to try, so ive just been and got one from maplins. Is there anything i need to make sure i do/ dont do so i dont toast anything else?
    Only real thing you need to be sure of is don't get polarity wrong. However suggest you test the voltages from ATX supply before connecting.

Also strongly suggest if your Not sure what doing then you don't mess and get help before releasing some very expensive Magic smoke.!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Only real thing you need to be sure of is don't get polarity wrong. However suggest you test the voltages from ATX supply before connecting.

Also strongly suggest if your Not sure what doing then you don't mess and get help before releasing some very expensive Magic smoke.!!
    Thanks mate, i've got an electrician friend coming round shortly to have a look. The new atx is 350 watt and the old is 200w, will this be okay? My tech said the ones they supply are 500's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information