. .
    Quote Originally Posted by BillTodd View Post
    (I will never use vista)
    Windows 7 all the way baby !!!
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Nutcase.... :whistling: Gimme DOS back any day

lol, dunno if you know or not but you can download windows 7 and try it for a year befor it needs activation !
    .Me

Well i wouldnt have said that, WIN7 source is totally new. As such its allot faster !
    .Me

That’s right; build 7600 is the official build for Windows 7 RTM (release to manufacturer).

What’s more, although it should be generally available for August 22, if you have a subscription to ether TechNet or MSDN you can download it on August 6.
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Well i wouldnt have said that, WIN7 source is totally new. As such its allot faster !
    Oh Please!
    Don't be duped by bungalo* Bill's marketing engine. He's just out shooting tigers with his elephant and gun.

If Macro$oft put anything like the effort into refining the OS as Ross Braun has his team put into refining their F1 cars, you would have a computer boot in 7 seconds, (opposed to 7 hours) go where you tell it, do what you want, and not need a internet connection. Imagine Rubens or Jenson roaring around the track with a power cable attached! That's Macro$oft! Maybe they should be called Mega$oft, there's precious little micro in that OS!

Second thoughts Mega$haft

OOPS -- I'm off topic!

*Ref: Bungalow Bill, Beatles, Double White album, features Yoko Ono.
    Last edited by templecorran; 28-07-2009 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Mega$haft
    Templecorran
    Where the Light was kept during the Dark Ages

Quote Originally Posted by templecorran View Post
    Maybe they should be called Mega$oft, there's precious little micro in that OS!
    I remember we once got a lowly 25MHz 32 bit Intel processor and multi-tasked it for a printer under dev.

Freed from the constraints of compatability and Gates-ware it suddenly became a fearsome number cruncher, packing and unpacking huge data arrays while driving 4 fancy piezo electric ink arrays across an A0 sheet.

Try doing that under Win-anything, Bill has an inconvenient habit of turning the interrupts off :heehee:

For a bit of fun and completely off the subject: For your amusement I present The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill

Hey, Bungalow Bill
    What did you kill
    Bungalow Bill? (2x)

HE WENT out tiger hunting with his elephant and gun
    In case of accidents he always took his mum
    He's the all American bullet-headed saxon mother's son.
    All the children sing

Hey Bungalow Bill
    What did you kill
    Bungalow Bill? (2x)

Deep in the jungle where the mighty tiger lies
    Bill and his elephants were taken by surprise
    So Captain Marvel zapped him right between the eyes
    All the children sing

Hey, Bungalow Bill
    What did you kill
    Bungalow Bill? (2x)

The children asked him if to kill was not a sin
    But when he looked so fierce, his mummy butted in
    If looks could kill it would have been us instead of him
    All the children sing

Hey, Bungalow Bill
    What did you kill
    Bungalow Bill? (9x) (fade out)
    This was written when Bill Gates was a mere lad in his teens, but isn't it amazing that verse 1 should be so like him??
    :clap:
    Templecorran
    Where the Light was kept during the Dark Ages

Like all the OS's that get knocked out at Microsoft, there is always a sucker out there willing to test it for them---FOR FREE---. They will also go back later and then pay for the software they tested????? go figure that. I work in IT on a multi windows platform, grew up back when IBM DOS was number 1 (5 1/4 DD floppy drive showed you had money). OS2 Warp was the best 32bit operating system you could buy, never saw a service pack for this?? (shame MS were better at sales). Windows 95 was nothing to do with the year but how many failed releases it took before going live.

MS systems are my bread and butter but when i come home i relax knowing that i wont have to pay somebody to fix mine (because it rarely goes wrong, when it does everybody shouts about and finds a fix IN THE OPEN FOR FREE)

To go one better i just wish they could port the CNC software to a mainframe type OP.

Go figure life's foibles???? VHS or Betamax???:rofl:
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Its sad to think that the only reason why we are where we are is because the masses loved the pretty butterfly of MS. My cousin just bought an apple comuter and because it had mac os x she returned it because "its too dificult to use" She graduated 2nd in her class.......... Returned it for a $150 charge.

Thread Information